Latest Overbid Sales In The City

Wow, that 154 Bonview Street I don’t know… yes, it has views but it is a 1/1 home that in my opinion needs to be gutted and redone completely. That carpeting in the house is pretty gross. To say that the kitchen was remodeled is a stretch, no? I guess if you really like wood but I wouldn’t stand on that balcony too long…

The Sunset/Parkside still amazes me with the pricing. Nothing half decent is under 1M…

Geez, who overbids 1.2M??? (Sure, def listed low…)

Anyone buying multi family in SF is playing with rent control fire. The only way to profit is to pass the buck to the next sucker.

Well, it def takes some savvy, time, and plain luck but I have seen people do it (with multi units in rent controlled jurisdictions like crazy sf). What I have seen is, people buy the places, they start work on say one or some of the vacant units, it causes so much disturbance or they make it so bad that some of the protected ones (who didn’t know any better) essentially volunteer and leave on their own. Some simply are persuasive enough that the tenants end up taking some buy-out (lower the better of course). However they managed to clear the building, they then proceed to fix them up and convert to condo/tic if lucky. Money is made. Question is, how much. Sure, fully vacant buildings are preferred but if the price is right I think there are plenty of investors who are willing to take on the challenge.

It’s like swimming with alligators. Some are better than others… I have no such skill. :wink:

Wow, crazy stuff goin’ on in the Fab 7x7…

See, @manch, SFHs are what people really want and are willing to go way overboard on price to win…

http://www.insidesfre.com/springs-overbidding-trend-pay-500000-to-get-that-house/