Let The Games Begin! (Democratic Candidates Vying For 2020 Run)

Haha. What are the odds of the money being used as intended and efficiently? You know the first project will end up 5x the budget, then they’ll want to increase the tax.

1 Like

Gavin will do the right thing…hopefully. Let’s be honest, we are married with no children. We get screwed with any policy related to benefiting children (schools, healthcare, taxes, etc.). Why stop now?

By that logic, might as well support the 70% tax on incomes over $10M that’s being floated. Of course, you know that’s just the first group impacted. They’ll keep lowering that income level. We already know democrats think $250k/yr is a high income couple. Many of them are open about wanting to raise taxes on couples making more than that. It’s not hard to see the day when income above $250k is taxed 70%. Those people are such a small voting block that the masses will trample them with their desire for “free” stuff.

Migrate?

Hopefully by that time, I’m retired and asset rich with income below the limit. We really need to have a flat income tax with no deductions. That way everyone pays the same rate. I’m guessing it would dramatically change people’s perspectives on government spending and the term free.

That won’t happen. The whole world is indoctrinated with the concept of progressive income tax with “below poverty” line don’t have to pay income tax. It is taught in economic classes that income re-distribution is the holy grail. I am wondering how come the personal income tax is progressive whereas the corporate income tax is fixed.

I’d settle for flat rate on all income above the poverty line. Everyone gets a standard deduction of the poverty line (based on household size filing), and that’s it.

Doing the right thing shows the true stupidity of progressives. They will vote for something that’s sounds progressive but won’t bother to exhibit progressive behavior. It is too much work. Check book liberals make me puke.

1 Like

Well, you have to admit, LA is just too spread out for public transit to work. You would have to build out a very extensive transit network that practically goes everywhere before people will use it. Sure, old habits are hard to break but I also think the transit systems to date simply are not enough, coverage wise, to entice people to leave their cars. How is it that in Manhattan and the New York boroughs, the subway works? It is extensive, that’s why. With that, parking is really expensive everywhere or non existent so you got another disincentive to drive. In LA parking may not be as bad as NY. My coworkers get free parking in LA so of course they drive but they do complain about the traffic jams. But again, transit systems don’t go where they live or where our office is.

My point is progressives are hypocrites…They vote for feel good things that are worthless…The only way mass transit works is with high densisty…But nymbyies dont want that in their neighborhood…So they waste other peoples money on transit schemes that dont work and they wont use…

1 Like

Huge waste of taxpayer money. The bad people who propose these money wasting laws should go to jail if the waste is over $1B.

“Do you ever think, look, the realistic end game is that Republicans get two thirds of what they want and the Democrats have to settle for the shorter straw?” Cooper asked. “Is that how the balance of power really works?”

“Well, let’s talk about the balance of power,” Warren responded. “There are two coequal branches of government, the president of the United States and the Congress.”

That’s hilarious.

Yes, let it haunt her to the end…

1 Like

Forget about her, no chance cheater for people’s attention

Anti death penalty but abortion up until birth is perfectly OK. Yeah, that makes total sense.

Well, not according to the early polls…

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Kamala-Harris-shoots-to-top-of-progressive-poll-13559124.php?src=hp_totn

Well duh. The far left loves her.

2 Likes
1 Like

He would split the democrat vote and gift wrap a second term for Trump.