Let The Games Begin! (Democratic Candidates Vying For 2020 Run)

I like the tax credit. It will drive up housing prices. Bullish for landlords.

1 Like

I hope she can get us a universal Section 8 housing. If your income is less than 3x the rent, you only pay 1/3 of your income and government pays the rest. If your income is over 3x rent, you still pay your own rent. If you quit your job, you pay zero and government pays all the rent.

I think the universal section 8 should solve all the housing affordability issues.

Everyone will rent in Hillsborough/Atherton. There goes the neighborhood.

1 Like

We can calculate a median rent for SFBA and force all section 8 renters live in 0-50% percentile neigborhood. If there’s too much demand for 50 percentile, we can use a robotic lottery so that lucky ones live in average neighborhood and unlucky ones to live in ghetto.

Also can make the lottery favor higher income people. If your income is zero, you will have a bette chance to live in the ghetto :sob: This would provide a little bit of incentive to work, to avoid some job function being abandoned by everyone

If anyone still protests, we can offer prison for them :rofl:

My mother in law lives in public housing in Moscow. Free rent. But it hasn’t been upgraded since it was built in 1955.
There is plenty of affordable housing in the US. Most of it is available in the Midwest. Nobody wants to live there. Jobs are scarce and the weather is horrible.

I do not know why she left AAPL and NFLX?

1 Like

De-elect Warren. She was forgotten by us and she now shamelessly wants to use extremist speech to attract media.

Forget her, ignore it

AAPL doesn’t influence people’s thinking. Neither do NFLX and MSFT. GOOG and FB control info flow and sell people privacy. AMZN destroys incumbent industry e.g. retail, soon drugstores and groceries. AAPL helps the entertainment industry and artists prosper.

“I want a government that makes sure everybody ― even the biggest and most powerful companies in America ― plays by the rules. “

It’s the job of Congress to make the rules. She’s admiting Congress failed at its job. She’s part of that failure.

She’s also ignoring the fact that most regulation makes it so only the biggest companies can afford the cost of compliance. It literally makes the problem she wants to address worse.

3 Likes

Warren is a joke, Elizabeth as well.

Leftists are desperate and they are going to be ignored by the people and by the history. What a joke

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. History has shown they can get elected. People are ignorant of the history of what happens after.

Warren’s staff later clarified Apple is indeed included, because of its App store duopoly with Google.

I agree we need to strengthen regulations overseeing Big Tech. They have too much power that’s detrimental to the smaller players.

1 Like

This is common to everyone, see PCG or similar utilities, Big banks…any company goes above 200B is risky one. That will not make her any big success in election too.

Stock Split or company split is always welcome as they have potential to grow.

:imp::-1::shushing_face:

Like it or not stronger regulations are coming. I don’t agree with her proposals to break up big tech companies. How does breaking up Google or Apple solve anything? But we need clearer rules to forbid these platform companies to bend their rules to their own benefits. For example, every app maker needs to play Apple 30% revenue to be listed on their platform, except Apple. Apple also can decide all by itself which app is permitted and which is not. Imagine you are a small app maker whose livelihood solely depends on Apple and Google. You can wake up one morning and find out your business is gone.

Talk like a liberal, use pathos :-1: to support your position.

:+1:

1 Like

You mean the same way the government regulated too big to fail banks and now they are bigger then before? Do you trust them to be more effective regulating tech which is more complex and harder for them to understand? Go watch the Zuckerberg testimony and ask yourself if you think the people asking those questions can create effective tech regulations.

2 Likes

Government not regulating the banks properly doesn’t mean we should abandon all rules regarding the banks. It just means we should try to improve the rules. And we did in the Obama years.

Most rules coming out of Congress are done by the staff, not the senile senators. If you carry on with your reasoning, why should senators have any say on healthcare or taxes where they may not have any deep knowledge about personally? Why is tech any different?

You mean like how Trump keeps bringing up MS-13?