Let's Be Honest, This Doesn't Happen With Asians

Come on, I would consider that to be tougher. Housing is so expensive now. I think my Big Bro is already lining up homes for his children. He may be tough as nails but his heart is in the right place. And, he remembers what our grandparents and parents did for us.

That’s funny. My wife is young and in RE. She thinks this forum is a total waste of time :sunglasses:

1 Like

Frankly it’s getting to the point where I can anticipate the responses from the regulars, especially when it comes to stocks. Oh yeah did you buy any today? Nope it’s a death trap, or yes I bought one share today, or nope, I bought it eons ago at IPO price, etc. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Well only Tesla is a death trap. :smile:

Cuz she is out hustling while you are in the jacuzzi with the sunglasses on…

1 Like

I agree with @wuqijun. Westerners too leave inheritance to kids and grandkids. Otherwise we won’t have those tax laws that transfer low property tax basis to kids and grandkids. And didn’t Trump just bumped the inheritance tax quota to 10m? Apparently 5m is just not enough nowadays.

1 Like

It’s mostly a fun way to waste time. But occasionally some gems will come here and there that make the whole thing worthwhile.

3 Likes

I would say only the rich ones do, or folks who have so much that they couldn’t spend it all in their lifetimes.

My bro-in-law is white. His family wasn’t well off, but from what I can gather though, his folks came from the school of “you’re on your own after college, don’t expect anything from us.” So, he came to the Fab 7x7 and had to room with a bunch of guys and just work and save. His folks burned through their cash and enjoyed their lives for the most part. So in this case, that cycle of transferring one’s wealth simply does not happen.

Hey! What other response do you expect a retiree to give? It’s not like I’m still earning a salary and have extra money to dump into my 401k every month…

So have you guys turned him into chInese yet? Will he leave money to his kids?

Who knows. Maybe you can go big and buy one share of FB today or start reciting the death trap slogan. That would spice things up.

So your sister didn’t marry him for money that’s for sure…

So this is where it gets crazy in my family… that sis and bro-in-law like to spend like there is no tomorrow. Where the F did they learn that from? Our parents didn’t have a lot of money.
Sure, they indulged their kids in nice vacations every year but they are probably the worst financially amongst all of my siblings. Go figure. To answer your question, no, no money is going to their kids. They got a better shot from Uncle sfdragonboy…

Since you don’t have any kids of your own, maybe you can adopt one of them from your sister and treat them as your own…

No, I prefer kids that are really driven and hardworking. They are too soft. I told my wife if any of her nephews or nieces show promise, then I would take them on as a godparent.

@tomato better acts fast!

I made some friends, not a total waste of time. It is also a sink where i spend my braindead time. Or some meeting time.

Act fast for popping baby out?

1 Like

Wow, you give up easy…

Leaving kids no money doesn’t build character. Characters are built when they are young. If you take them out to fancy vacations couple times a year I don’t see any character building at all.

Say if the kid is all grown up and struggles to pay rent, while the parents are blowing money off and having a swell time, how does that help? The only thing that gets built is resentment towards parents.

2 Likes