Looking for a kid friendly neighborhood in Cupertino

My budget for the house is between $1.5M to $2.5M. Looking for neighborhoods that are kid friendly, i.e has lots of kids. Any suggestions?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cupertino/11032-Canyon-Vista-Dr-95014/home/1579140 – Liked this house a lot, but it is 2 bedroom.

1.5 to 2.5 is a very wide range. With a budget of 2.5 you can buy any house in the Monta Vista neighborhood. Like this house:

4/2/1850 asking for 1.9M. Monta Vista is very suburban and quiet. So it gotta be kid friendly, right? :slight_smile: Some people have issues with the 85 traffic though.

1 Like

Is there a not kid friendly neighborhood in Cupertino?

1 Like

My personal observation is “Lynbrook and Monta Vista high area have less number of elementary or younger kids than Cupertino or Homestead high area”.
In spite of reputation mostly on good(or competitive?) schools, I guess average age of those two area is getting older and older. People do not move out after their kids go to college in these area (where SFH % is high).
Cupertino High has more number of elementary/preschool kids.

1 Like

That makes sense. Younger families may not have the money to buy into Monta Vista, the most expensive part of the already expensive Cupertino.

That’s correct. As a resident, I know CUSD enrollment numbers esp for Lynbrook have been declining for past 5 years. Direct inference is people not moving out after their kids go to college.

[quote=“Jane, post:4, topic:1566, full:true”]
My personal observation is “Lynbrook and Monta Vista high area have less number of elementary or younger kids than Cupertino or Homestead high area”. In spite of reputation mostly on good(or competitive?) schools, I guess average age of those two area is getting older and older. People do not move out after their kids go to college in these area (where SFH % is high).Cupertino High has more number of elementary/preschool kids.
[/quote]Isn’t Lynbrook High neighborhoods has the lowest number (in % term) of SFHs?

Hum. I see mostly SFH in Lynbrook neighborhood.
Only apartments i am aware of is cupertino creek on rainbow dr.
Cupertino high area has many high rise buildings and town homes around stevens creek blvd.

However, i never checked accurate data on SFH% per school area. Thus, I could be wrong.