Low listing,799k, within 5 hours 160 Favorites in Redfin

Again, when it comes to a million bucks I don’t know that the smart ones are that hasty. That’s why I say if the house is special take the “extra” time so that the market audience really has a chance to see it and then really make a case for it to go all in on the bidding. Why risk missing someone who really likes and wants your home but just happened to miss or not be around that one week? Doesn’t make sound financial sense.

In that case, why not 3 weeks? 4 weeks? 6 months? 1 year?

Depends on neighborhood I guess. So used to 1 weekend Open House or canceled Open House because of irresistible offer that I thought 1 weekend is the norm.

There is supposed to be an open house tomorrow. With overwhelming responses, the LA cancelled the open house and called for offer review tomorrow 3 PM !

This does not need two weeks of open house at all !

Correct !

If I am the seller, I would not review offers before Monday. If someone give me an offer of $1.8M, I would still want a good backup offer.

Come back to Earth, @hanera…Obviously as @Jil mentions below that if a great offer comes through of course you then have the option to shut it all down and stop the open houses. But when you do it too short, I just think you may be letting perhaps a great home go too quickly. 2 weekends is nothing.

The 10k sqft lot alone is worth $1m in that area. This will be over $1m for sure.