Market still hot

2 Likes

What’s going on in Santa Clara county? Its sales rose while all other counties fell.

"Santa Clara County, sales of all homes — single-family, condominiums, townhomes — were up 9.3 percent in July from the year before. But they were down in San Mateo County (a 5.5 percent drop), San Francisco (6.5 percent), Alameda County (5.2 percent) and Contra Costa County (4.9 percent).

Median prices — again, for all kinds of homes — rose 9.2 percent year-over-year to $950,000 in Santa Clara County. In San Mateo County they were up 6.6 percent to $1,150,000; in San Francisco, up 5.0 percent to $1,207,000; in Alameda County, up 10.2 percent to $760,500; and in Contra Costa County, up 6.6 percent to $565,000."

More commentary about that crazy +800K over asking home. Yes, indeed, welcome to the Bay Area. Bring three, four wallets with ya…

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-housing-population-20170916-story.html

From what I’ve been told, there has been a lot more fervor in recent weeks with buyers because of the 2017 mortgage interest rate lows. The weak US dollar probably plays a factor as well.

My cousin wrote up six offers including mine last Tuesday afternoon.

She also inquired about a Pal Alto property for me before its first open house and the listing agent told her that she had already received seven calls asking to submit their offers prior to showing. I didn’t even bother with that property since I didn’t want to get caught up.

My cousin suggested I made my offers all cash because those were more common and my only hope.

She has a client with a VA loan with 0% down and he’s had no success for a long time.

1 Like

http://goldrushcam.com/sierrasuntimes/index.php/real-estate/11270-california-housing-market-defies-tight-inventory-as-2017-august-sales-and-median-price-propel-higher-mariposa-county-prices-slip-10-year-over-year

Yeah, I browse often, but do not visit homes as there are lot of competition and chances of getting a home is really low.

See how nicely the worded, still 175 favorites and someone grab with cash offer !

Need some TLC but perfect home to remodel and upgrade!!! ==> Means you can not use “AS IS” and must work on it or tear down!

Ideal for first time homebuyers, investors, and contractors. ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES! ==> So much work involved !

Sellers might need up to 60 days rent back. ==> WIth all these, account free rent for 2 months !!!

First time on market 60 years, the current owners have loved living in this place! Charmer!

SMC price increased 31.4% in 12 months? SCC 22.3%?

Is the median price increase meaningful? I doubt a typical house appreciated 31.4% and 22.3% in SMC and SCC

“The areas with the largest price increases were San Mateo County, where prices rose 31.4 percent, and Santa Clara County, with a 22.3 percent rise. Both are areas of enormous growth in tech jobs. The San Jose metro area was predicted to be the hottest housing market of 2018 by some industry analysts, largely due to the tech boom.”

2 Likes

San Mateo country has exploded for sure. Daly City and SSF year to year is over 20%

2 Likes
1 Like

Growth accelerates before a drop!

Not always blowoff, sometimes whimpers🤪

Don’t sell your condo though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe not hot but if the price were right people would buy if available to them. Quite different if at any price no one is buying…

This is either consolidation or peaking, depending on inventory and volume of sale transactions.
Rising inventory = Peaking
Reducing inventory = Consolidation
Price behavior is like and not entirely like shares. House prices are sticky, we all know that right :slight_smile: