Measure splitting California into 3 states

what you guys think will happen to the housing?

It ainā€™t gonna happen. If it did, sell everything you have. Without the moderating influence of SoCal, NorCal will become a communist state. Weā€™ll be looking at not just rent control but also sale control.

3 Likes

i thought weā€™re already a communist state.
ę„Ÿč¬é»Ø

1 Like

Youā€™re starting to sound like a Libertarian. Thereā€™s a Libertarian running for the state legislature here. He was a leading force organizing the revolt against the head tax on employers.

Heā€™s also promoting a non-profit that helps create detached units on SFH lots to increase housing supply. Heā€™s saying it should be a solution to increasing housing supply and helping the homeless. Heā€™s attacked the 700 page building code as a major reason housing isnā€™t more affordable.

1 Like

@manch said he was a Libertarian at heart. Heā€™s just returning to his roots.

1 Like

wtf :cry:

This is really a very wierd way to split the state. Anything looking so abnormal is bond to fail. The most silly part of it is splitting Orange County away from Los Angeles. Who in the right mind came up with that?

If I were to do it, I would just try for 2 states: NorCal and SoCal. The boundary would just be a straight line across the top of San Luis Obsipo, Kern, and San Bernardino.

My thought2. North and South is good enough. 儽äŗ‹ęˆåƹ

1 Like

They want Republicans to get more electoral votes thatā€™s why, no matter how small it is.

If thatā€™s the case, then San Francisco can become itā€™s own city-state to balance it out.

I think itā€™s opposite. adding 4 more senate
all 3 states gonna go democrat as well if split. democrat completely controls the media and how people think.

No way. Central California is pretty red.

1 Like

I was a libertarian. Now I am more of a Gates and Buffett ā€œliberalā€. Iā€™d prefer market based solution but understand itā€™s not a panacea for every ill.

This type of commies are fairly common in Jane Kimā€™s district:

This guy is clueless about how the world works. Letā€™s not waste time with him or his posts.

3 Likes

ā€œEach new state could adopt different laws, either stricter or more lenient, on these issues than what California currently has on the books. For example, the new states may limit or discontinue Proposition 13ā€™s inflexible limits on taxesā€

If there is a good excuse to mess around Proposition 13, Cal 3 is it. We need to fight hard to prevent that from happening and defeat it!!

And fight equally for keeping rent control too!

Rent control in California is largely the creation of its municipalities and cities. If there were state rent control in California, I would have sold all properties for sure. On the other hand, pro landlord Costaā€“Hawkins is a California state law, enacted in 1995, which places limits on municipal rent control ordinances. It together with Ellis Act will be re-evaluated in the new Cal 3 states. It will be a nightmare.

1 Like

Crap. We get stuck with Sacramento? Forget it!

Iā€™ll vote for the split as long as Sacramento ends up on itā€™s own separate state.

I think this is Draperā€™s way of keeping 3 states all Demo. Not voting for this.

1 Like