Metaverse aka Omniverse, Mixed Reality, The Matrix

I had 100 shares bought 2 weeks back and did $110 covered call exp aug 20. I think it will be sold.

Bought n held 300 shares since OP :slight_smile:

1 Like

Buy FB?

1 Like

just saw ppl testing VR conference meeting saying it’s pretty good and feels like talking to actual ppl in a room even though it’s avatar.

1 Like

Bought a toe hold position in FB. Look like Mark knows how to execute.

Also added 100 shares of U.

Too many articles and hyping on metaverse. Thought I can slowly scaling in but …

1 Like

Not waiting for red day to load up? Why loading on Green Day

I forgot to load up FB on a red day, was watching TV serials. Just a toe hold, average down if necessarily.

For U, just a short put. Collect premium or get shares are at lower price. Have been doing this for awhile.

1 Like

Why selling put and not selling call? Just trying to understand strategy. Last month bought 100 U shares and sold call, got sold off.

Sell put. If didn’t assign. Sell again. Keep selling until assign, stay with the shares. No need to sell call vs it unless price shot pass upper Bollinger band.

Anyhoo, I have 100 shares + 2-4 short put at any one time.

for sell put which price did you choose?

Usually choose the highest OI of the month e.g. STO put (Sep 17 $130) for $8.60. If U increases to near $138, roll to put (Oct 15 $140).

1 Like

Stocks in my meta verse portfolio are doing well,

AAPL FB NVDA RBLX U

VUZI seems to be coming alive

ZM and TDOC still in correction

Bullish count for U :slight_smile: Bad news bearish count is not shown so as not to annoy @manch.

2 Likes

Add to RBLX after it tumbled upon China’s kid policy…

4 Likes

thanks for the heads up…I was waiting for a tumble in this…

I don’t think kids in China play Roblox. It’s too creative which may give them the “wrong” ideas. Anyway no more games for Chinese kids. Back to study Xi Jinping thoughts!

Virtual sandbox developer Roblox generated about 7%, or $33.1 million, of its second-quarter revenue from the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia and New Zealand. When asked about Chinese regulations changing during an earnings call earlier in August, CEO David Baszucki said the company takes a 10-year view of its plans there.

Roblox sees itself as an educational company, teaching people how to code, and a social business, he said. “So our response is really no response,” Baszucki said. “It’s to keep doing exactly what we’ve been doing.”

Stop thinking, start researching.

Don’t mixed up liberal ideas with creativity.

Roblox China is the Mainland Chinese version of Roblox (Simplified Chinese: 罗布乐思 Luóbùlèsī ; officially shortened to LuoBu ). LuoBu was released as a mobile app for iOS and Android on July 13, 2021, alongside the official release of the Nezha Obby Event.[1]

So I was indeed wrong. Roblox has been available in China for a month. My bad. But your revenue number doesn’t include anything from China. Don’t mistake Asia-Pacific with China.

Anyway, Roblox is more social network than gaming per se. The CCP would be very worried about this kind of organizing behind its back. Now it doesn’t have to worry.

You don’t get creativity without liberal ideas. Or rather, creativity will lead inevitably to liberal ideas. That’s why backward states like Mississippi will never get good at software.