Millennials ain't all bad

But does @harriet mind if her partner doesn’t have a house? Assuming the partner will be another millennial that shrinks the pool considerably. I suspect that among the 20% of SF millennials who own a house, most are women. No way young men are that mature. Most still want to blow money away on fast cars and big screen TVs. :smile:

Absolutely! Not only are they female, they’re also not white, and gay!!!

Well, for those young men out there, gals at post school age are not going to be won over by just your lil cute face. At the end of the day, it is all about what you can do and do for me. If you don’t have your sheet together, like have a decent career path or own a home, good luck buddy. My girl had too many options and I was fortunate to make the cut. The interview sessions were rough…:grin:

In Singapore, need 5 Cs,
Career
Condo
Car
Credit card
Cash

Your parents must be very proud of you.
Did they do something special to educate you to have such mindset or is it rather temperament?

Yeah, I can imagine how hard it would be (dating game) over there in Asia. The competition would be incredibly fierce!!! Survival of the fittest!!!

Singapore has the lowest birth rate in the world… judging from your post it’s not hard to see why…

But isn’t this phenomena being played out in other highly industrial/competitive countries like Japan and South Korea too? Women are interested in careers outside the home and they frankly do not want anything to sidetrack that. Could that happen here? Aren’t people in general getting married later in life and even holding off on having sex too? Come on, where’s the fun in that??? (no postings from bible thumpers please)

I think they’re having lots of sex… but the non-reproductive kind. That’s fun without burden! Win-win.

Not according to this CDC study or stuff I have read about online…

(What? Sex? Ain’t got time for that! I gotta finish that app and go to market, baby!!!)

Sure you get it? The main reasons for low birth rate are too successful government campaign for one child policy (not the China kind), citizens realize taking care of children is a nightmare (many of my friends and ex-colleagues don’t want children) and rob them of the freedom that sfdragonboy cherishes, and the high cost of housing relative to salary (in my case, monthly mortgage was at one time 60% of take home pay, average Americans don’t know how others are living or they really don’t care, Americans are a lucky lot) means not much money left for other goodies in life. For many years after marriage, I have nearly zero balance in bank account, not so lucky like you have tons in your bank account. Busy balancing budget and not thinking of any investment or RE rental purchases and flipping.

My post was a joke…

1 Like

You sound like the person who said we’re all poor because we like avocado toast…I’m a millennial and I bought my first home with my husband at age 25 in 2011 using my savings for down payment. Now I know that was the dip in the market and we got lucky because we got an FHA loan with 3.5% down so I won’t brag too much but still!

Most of my friends who are also millennial also have homes and are quite capable of saving $ - stop generalizing.

2 Likes

I was right!!! Contraception = non/reproductive

May I know how much you bought your home for, what value it is at now, and have you bought more since? :slight_smile:

I’m interested in you “interview sessions”. Tell me more tell me more!!! Soap opera time…

Story of my life, the interviews didn’t last very long…:slight_smile:

I once had a great coworker who unlike my mom, siblings, and friends gave it to me straight: she said pointblank if I could do it again I would not have had my kids. I appreciated that honesty. Yes, I get it, I would not be here if Mrs Dragonboy felt the same way…

Wait… she’s lying!!! Because she had more than 1 kid!!! She would not have had more than 1 if what she said were true.