Millennials are pouring into these smaller cities and buying homes

Madison, Wisconsin, is a new mecca for millennials, according to a recent study from the National Association of Realtors, which ranked the top millennial housing markets based on both their high share of current young residents and of millennials moving in. Three out of 4 recent transplants to Madison were millennials and they have mostly stayed in the area, giving the city an overall high millennial population.

Still cost $50k per house? Sell your SV’s house and buy 10 in Wisconsin.

I love college towns, and Madison is a very pretty college town. Too bad it’s so damn cold.

Buy a house in Madison and one in Florida.
Rent the Madison house during the school term to visiting professors, not students, and just live there in the summer. I have a friend that spends the ski season in Tahoe, or Mexico, and lives in Madison the rest of the year. Pays rent in Tahoe.

Madison is not cheap, similar to Dallas and Austin. I would pick Austin over Madison.

1 Like

I would pick Madison in the summer over Austin.

How about do MFH student housing in Madison? Did not check the price.

College enrollment may go down when millienials finish college

Gen Z will be bigger than millennials:

Statistic: Resident population in the United States in 2017, by generation (in millions) | Statista
Find more statistics at Statista

The Silent generation is dying off. Funny they were never silent. Most classic rockers and 60s agitators were in that generation.
Similarly the boomers will start dying in big numbers. Many already have. Not sure 73m still left.

Millennials will put in Medicare for all and free colleges for everyone. Not sure you boomers want to stay around to see that. :smile:

The worst part is some millennials will inherit part of the $50 trillion in Boomer assets. They will be insufferable.

Boomer death watch. 22% have already died

https://incendar.com/baby_boomer_deathclock.php