Mountain View Condo

In a public place, there’s no expectation of privacy. Maybe people would pay to watch a live stream of it. That or sell ads on the stream.

They can assert ip, though.

Hmm wasn’t as high as I thought…there’s still hope @BAJacket:

Why is this so low? Is western addition a cheap spot? Or has correction already started?

Western addition is a project like hunters point.

But why do you think over $1M is cheap?

Another “cheap” condo in western addition. It’s under 1M, a real cheap. Is there any rental restriction there? Could be a nice rental

Western Addition is safer than Hunters Point due to the surrounding neighborhoods. It’s bordering lower Pac Heights.

Yes, hunters point is rock bottom. Bayview slightly better. Then tenderloin, then western addition.

But western addition is close to UCSF. Is there still public housing projects at western addition? I think it’s a good buy at 600k if no rental restrictions.

Rental restriction at HOA can destroy the home value severely. Freedom is better than restriction

Bay area’s is RE value is entirely based on artificial restriction. If it’s as free as Houston you won’t make a dime in RE.

1 Like

Yeah. Restriction benefits some people at the top and hurt people at the bottom. People do things opposite to their intentions.

Freedom seems to benefit more people. Everyone would live a great life, but the price tag would be nothing to be proud of.

I don’t know which side I should support.

You can make cashflow.

I am hoping that day will come some time, for future generations. My kids will be fine but i would want others to not worry as well…

You will change your mind after you bought your house. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Maybe i did, maybe i didn’t. Don’t be a NIMBY.

People don’t need try hard to protect their interests. It’s a natural process and requires no training. And it would be almost impossible to unlearn your natural instinct.

As long as the policy options are available in the blue state and blue cities, I don’t worry about YIMBYs. Actually I am a YIMBY myself sometimes, but I’m not a tiny bit scared of myself.

NIMBY is a mountain, YIMBY is just some cute breeze

That’s actually a wrong statement to make. Nobody is artificially resticting anything. Does Bay Area have miles and miles of flat land like Houston? Restriction is based on natural geographic features. Nothing artificial about that.

SF sky is unlimited. If SF builds mostly 5 storeys instead of SFH there won’t be a housing crisis.

Also laundromats should never be landmarks.

2 Likes

Housing shortage is caused by over regulation. This is the truth.

Housing price are high due to many factors, regulation is one of the reasons, geographic restriction is another, income is also a factor. High rise and low rise would cost more than single family houses to construct. But without over regulation, there should be no housing “crisis”. Builders will build plenty of homes at a price higher than Houston and lower than SFBA current price.

Regulation includes strict planning code, strict labor regulation, strict building code, BMR subsidized housing, higher minimum wages, protests and activism etc. And tons of indirect costs.

1 Like

What housing crisis? You mean 2008-2011? That was history.

Also, I’m not sure if San Franciscans would be happy to live in pigeon cage high rises like Hong Kongers.

I don’t think San Franciscans will ever be happy