Mountain View Condo

The whole point of great cities is density. Everything and everybody interesting is within walking or short subway ride distance. Density gives a city vibrancy.

For SFH there’s always Daly City.

Don’t be a hater :smile:

Um… I think you would probably have a different perspective if you had a SFH in San Francisco.

Just spent the weekend in Los Gatos and Moganhill
Everyone agreed SF is no longer the same. Too bad most you all don’t remember or even saw the old SF. I blame the hippy invasion in 1967 for the downfall. Funny how those same hippies whine about the tech invasion. Like somehow SF belongs to them. SF dream is whatever you make it. Too bad it has made so many unhappy.

1 Like

Somewhere in SF right now a homeless is shitting on streets. Great city.

MV has rent control. Better avoid.

Small towns with mostly owners instead of renters have much better chance to avoid the rent control disease. Cupertino is a better bet than Sunnyvale and Mountain View.

Rent control only applies to multi-families and apartments. SFH landlords need not worry.

1 Like

It will change to cover everything, maybe as soon as this year.

1 Like

No.

Cupertino, Palo Alto, Mountain View is analogous to Millbrae, Burlingame, San Mateo.

Cupertino and Millbrae have the lowest probability of ever putting up rent control. Avoid Mountain View and San Mateo.

1 Like

Both are crazy prices now!

1 Like

Let’s face it. Who in the right mind would want to buy a SFH rental in Mountain View given the cap rate. All buyers are primary home owners.

1 Like

People with appreciation in mind, duh.

Yes, that would be me :grin:

I would do the same.

You got your resources lined up? Go for it.

What do you do with your MV house after you move out? Rent it out to the wolves in a tightly rent controlled environment? You’d likely need to sell even if you like to keep it.

You are asking wqj, he will of course hold it.

Hold it without renting it out? Or just roll your dice with rent control?

Roll your dice. He is also single, if he wants he can move in for a year and rent it as thry start lagging behind market rates. I am also curious what the rent control 2ill be on sfrs.