Musk now slamming CA

In year 2020, Tesla car is already a 17 year old technology. First car was produced in 2008. In these years, Tesla has perfected design and manufacturing and removed pretty much all kinks. What did China contribute to the evolution of Tesla car design and manufacturing? When Tesla started in the USA (2003), google was still being hosted on yahoo as search engine.

I am not sure why you think current Tesla is same Tesla made in 2003.
Current Tesla has latest batter tech along with semiconductors and software. It exceeds the current safety standards.

The point i am making is that China implemented mass production of the factory in less than a year with production ramp up far faster than any one else in this business with Chinese source of battery.
Musk put factories where the best talent exist. China is now global center of auto emerging technologiies. NorthAmerican market has mexicanization going on so it will always be in need of expertize from EU and Asia.

1 Like

It is not surprising as he is trained on that subject.

Even here, many build homes in 12-18 months range. I have a builder who builds 3000 sqft home (tear down, design and build) within 6 months.

The only issue/impediment will come from government only. China gov is faster for Elon Musk.

home construction does not need that much expertize in supply chain.
it is not just government approval permits but all the Technology available at same place. with efficient Cargo Train network. here it all depend on Panasonic and its Nevada Plant.
In China no bottleneck in production there as multiple supplier of batteries with multiple plants.

For those who didn’t follow Tesla closely,

https://www.tesla.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you

How is it different from mass media? Or moneyed interests?
Meddling is meddling; every nation does it. I’m far more concerned about the meddling of oligarchs like Soros, Steyer and Bloomberg than I am about the Chinese or the Russians. Those folk’s nationality means little or nothing to them or to me.

Tiktok’s algorithm is opaque. What it does or doesn’t show on your feed is solely controlled by the firm and nobody but them understand how it works. Versus shows on TV or even Facebook ads where regular people have a better grasp.

Fundamentally we have laws that hold the Soros and the Kochs accountable. Can you sue Xi and put him in jail? We may be fighting WW3 with that guy in 2025 and the last thing we want is for him to be able to meddle with us in our own home court. Would you want Hitler owning American radio stations back in the 30s?

If there is a war, just nationalize the company.

Great Facebook quote. If only Musky could keep his mouth shut.

“Can we get back the 4.9 BILLION taxpayers gave to Space Karen so that he can make his chin music about what “he built”?”

1 Like

The concept is the same - an electric car sourced by a battery. Tesla took a concept and proved it marketable. Rest of all is low risk repetitive manufacturing chore. Please tell me what value Shanghai plant is adding to Tesla Cars other than being cheap.

understand how complex is manufacturing for current safety standards of vehicles and the weight and G forces suspension components are subjected to and than wind and noise supression of larger wheels. have you looked at width of Tesla wheel?
It took Chinese less than one year with superior quality what Tesla did in 15 years with German/Japanese help. This added $250B to Tesla market cap. US pension funds and indices benefit from it.
Tesla in US wholly depended on Panasonic. and this give Japan alot of leverage.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Soros being held accountable for anything and he’s collapsed the currencies of entire nations.
Not sure what you mean by “regular people” having a “better grasp” of Facebook ads but how exactly how do you see the Chinese meddling with us through social media? And how do you see them doing any more damage than anyone else with a vested interest?