No Income Tax State

Good to know. Thanks! Not looking for anything too crazy at this point. Maybe around 1-2mil but hoping for a bigger lot to raise some chickens and goats. :laughing: :man_farmer:

I would prefer Nevada. Could still work remotely in the BA from Tahoe or Reno.

Chickens are some what common. There are some in my neighborhood. Cities usually have rules on how big the chicken run can be and how many chickens based on lot size. You do need to make sure it’s secure from coyotes. They’ll dig under a fence. At night, you need to put the chickens in the coop with a door that latches from the inside.

You’ll probably like that you can get a pretty large lot and still be close to the city. I wouldn’t trust Seattle city council and buy inside the city limits. I’m only a few miles from the city border and 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots are pretty common. The terrain is VERY hilly though, so your useable yard space might be less or terraced.

FYI, finished basement space counts as square footage. That was a shock to me compared to other states. If definitely changed how I was looking. Ranch homes will not be as big as you think, since most times half the square footage is the basement. I couldn’t get my head around paying the same price per sq ft for basement space.

1 Like
1 Like

What other industries do they have to support the gap? Are they going to leech off of federal subsidies?