Not Bad, And You Might See Steph Now And Then

Maybe, from seeing all those tiny outer Sunset homes go for 1M+, this seems downright a bargain, no?

Plus, nice weather, fairly low crime and Steph Curry too!!! Go Dubs!!!

http://www.eastbaymodern.com/blog/just-sold-730-farm-hill-ct-walnut-creek.html

Walnut Creek schools are pretty bad though.

Really? Didn’t know that. Again, no kids, just looking at the Steph Curry factor which is off the charts baby if he lives in the same town!!!

With a new contract maybe Steph can finally afford SF.

That’s funny…

Maybe he can get a loan from Under Armour to help with the down payment…

Uh oh, hopefully Steph makes it up with his next monster contract…

No love for celebrity housing! What’s going on??? Some Steph Curry diehard fan should grab this…

Actually, steph should keep it and use it was an investment property…

Not a very livable house. .4 stories, small yard…looks like a bad investment

Anything held long enough will turn into a good investment.

Visualize this…

Steph: Sir, if you don’t pay your rent on time, I am going to have to take time away from work and see you in eviction court…

Nah, Steph is going to get paid soon, to the tune of maybe $40 Million per for 5-6 years??? Dude has been getting minimum wage the last 4 years…

Your definition of investment is crap. The generally accepted meaning is has higher return than inflation i.e. depreciation of money. The goal of investing is to be in an asset that would increase your purchasing power such that you can buy more of the things you want sometime in the future which you have delayed doing so by investing.

No problem!!! Doesn’t infosys CEO own 700 rentals in Seattle? If a busy CEO can handle that I’m sure a basketball star can handle at least one… :slight_smile:

What kind of return could you get on this $3.5m “investment”. … $8k rent less $3k property tax… $60k per year…not even a 2% return…horrible investment. …not to mention the upkeep costs…

Come on hanera, stop trying to educate me with statements right out of a dictionary. I can look it up myself!

Now that he will become much richer a big loss on this house won’t bother him…He can write it off…Offer $2.5m…

Come on elt1, some people even buy houses with a negative cash flow! At least steph’s house was paid in full!!!

He paid too much
The problem is IMO they paid way too much for the home to begin with. In 2013, the home struggled to sell at $2,475,000, and was taken off the market. It was re-listed and sold for less than asking in February 2014 for $2.5M. Then in November 2015, the Curry’s dropped a whopping $3.2M for the house, $700K more than the previous sale.

Hard too recover from a $1m miss…When you are $1m in the hole, time to stop digging…plus he spent $400k remodeling the kitchen…The wife was bored and just threw through away the money…She needs another hobby or a boy friend

That’s why he needs to hold on to it and wait another 3 to 5 years to break even!!! How else is he going to invest his money? He obviously has too much…