Now Even Londoners are Going Rural

1 Like

This is not good for city. London is supposed to boom even if everywhere in UK is in recession.

IMHO, Covid taught us that fresh air is important to our health. Rural has plenty. But for me, born and live in urbanized city for decades, suburb is already a big adjustment. No rural for me.

1 Like

I grew up suburban and right next to the Stanford hills where I spent my boyhood running around. Then I moved further out and commuted from the exurbs. Cities have little to offer me. I like visiting old ones with lots of history but wouldn’t want to live in one. And here in the US we now have riots to contend with as well. No government intervention. Defund the police. People can steal things in places like SF if they’re worth less than $900. Try to defend yourself and YOU’LL be the one up on charges. If big city government can’t even protect you and maintain law and order than what’s the point of putting up with it? To say nothing of the dangers posed by a pandemic in a high density living situation.

1 Like

Prop 20 failed. More crime to come

Next time you robbed or vandalized blame the Democrats

HO SUPPORTED IT

The key supporters included the unions that represent rank and file LAPD officers, L.A. Sheriff’s deputies and California prison guards, as well as the state Republican Party.

WHO OPPOSED IT

Opponents included the California Democratic Party, the ACLU and Crime Victims for Safety and Justice.

1 Like

Soon they’ll be no one left but the uber-rich and criminals.
Even the criminals will have to move on once all of their potential victims have.

London is more like NYC. so naturally people will move out to less congested areas where they can drive own car and easy parking. London has congestion taxes. Europe cities are much cleaner and well managed comparatively.

I was just looking at Vacuum cleaner comparing UK and US prices. UK price for same product but with wider width is almost half of US price. Not only that. you can click and collect rightaway but in US it is like weeks ship to store. and that is UK which is Island not Continental EU that is connected by Trains to Asia.

Shark APEX DuoClean with Zero-M Powered Lift-Away Espresso AZ1002 - Best Buy
Buy SHARK DuoClean Lift-Away NV702UK Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner - Grey & Purple | Free Delivery | Currys

There’s another similar article on nytimes about NY-ers going rural and can’t believe what home ownership involves (especially a home in the countryside)

I can only imagine there will be deals to be had in ~ 12 months in Maine and upstate NY once the city dwellers have had a taste for what real cold means.

WTF. Have you ever ridden a train to Asia? Have you ever been to the UK? Are you a Russian Bot?

yup yup. Its all Made in China so relevant to Trains… Shark and Euro Pro. its all same lineage. so it is relevent to consumer product prices in Europe. just like Laptops and display screens.

Over the past seven years, its Shark vacuum cleaners and Ninja blenders and food processors, all manufactured in China, have increased sales at a compound annual growth rate of 25 per cent, enabling the firm to triple its workforce from 250 to 800 employees.