Ok, Newsom vs Cox On Oct 8

Newsom is a great speaker though… can Cox take him down???

I am thinking of voting for newsom. Not because I like him, but because I am filled with so much hatred for GOP I want to see them being rubbed off the face of the planet.

I’m voting for Newsom, but not as a retaliation to the GOP.

1 Like

Because he’s good looking?

No. I voted for him in the primary too to return a favor because I benefited from one of his health program initiatives back in the day.

1 Like

Same sex marriage???:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Did you forget to take your meds again? HEALTH PROGRAMS. :unamused:

1 Like

California voters will have a chance to listen to gubernatorial candidates Gavin Newsom and John Cox debate next month, with the radio faceoff on KQED-FM the only one that the candidates have agreed to ahead of the November election.

The debate at 10 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 8, will be moderated by KQED politics editor Scott Shafer on the station’s “Forum” program. It will be a conversational format in which the candidates will not be limited to strict timed responses, the San Francisco station said.

Both candidates have accused each other of stalling other debate plans. The Chronicle and KCRA-TV in Sacramento offered to host a statewide televised debate, which Cox accepted and Newsom rejected.

Newsom does not want a debate reasons below: :slight_smile:

1. radio faceoff
  2. The debate at 10 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 8,
  3. offered to host a statewide televised debate,
  4. which Cox accepted and Newsom rejected.

Just kidding… slow Monday

Honestly, I don’t know enough about John Cox, but am somewhat surprised that Newsom wasn’t up for a debate especially if he has some time to prepare for it.

Newsom has been preparing for the last 10 years & still can’t gather the courage to debate.

1 Like

Or, according to the commercials he hasn’t been working really anyway…

Still, surprising. Is it because simply he has more to lose than gain? What is the latest poll showing? He is in the lead right?

Is that a Qn directed at Newsom? :slight_smile:

I guess if I were Newsom I would say no too to anything Cox wanted…

1 Like

yepp… he’s just a politician.

I didn’t click on your link earlier, but when I checked it now it’s July 2018 polls.

Below is the recent poll report reported by the same newspaper:

While the statewide poll from Probolsky Research showed Newsom leading with 44 percent of respondents, his Republican opponent John Cox had 39 percent support

So, again I guess to answer your Qn why he does not want to debate Cox, only Newsom can answer.

@sfdragonboy What’s your theory now that you have updated data?

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article218028260.html

Well, obviously Newsom is seeing his lead deteriorate so he has to do something about it. Doing nothing would be committing political suicide right? So, he has to confront his opponent head on in a debate. Come on, he is probably pretty confident in his abilities (I know I would be). Newsom just has to reinforce his many accomplishments over the years. What has Cox done? Exactly…

Tie Cox to Trump. Ask him to defend any of the shit Trump has done.

Game over.

Cox was no match against Mr. Slick…

On housing, Cox was asked for specifics on reforms that could promote new construction. “We’ll talk about that after I get elected,” he said.

Cox is weak sauce. :-1: