OMG, One Of My Fav Sunset Homes

Corner house suck…Lots of traffic, no privacy

(Borrowing from our Fearless Leader’s Warren Buffet Laguna Beach thread…)

I’ll take this corner house…:grin:

I cant believe WB bought that house…Was he too cheap to buy one on the water?

There are trailers on the beach in Socal that have a better setting…Obviously he is not a beach person…Can you imagine him in a swimsuit…think not

Why are you ripping on WB???:grin: You know he can kick anybody’s butt pretty much on anything if he really, really wanted to. The guy is a model of modest consistency, nothing wrong with that, right?

Why should rich guys who hate the beach buy beach houses…leave to people that actually enjoy the beach

He bought that house back in 1970 or so, because his wife liked it. Back then he’s not as loaded? And you bet he’s cheap as always. :slight_smile:

Only cheap people are good investors… they put all their money into investments and nothing into depreciating assets such as a nice car, designer fashions, fancy meals, expensive vacations, etc.

Also, a trophy home might not be a better investment than a bunch of Section 8 rentals…

2 Likes

You can argue that WB did it right by not buying the best or most expensive home in the neighborhood which is a fairly standard real estate rule, no?

1 Like

When you buy a beach house, waterfront is everything …Being across the street is not even in the same ballpark…He obviously wasn’t into it…a compromise. …