PA slowdown

Realistically, who are the buyers in the 4M+ price range? I highly doubt that it would be 2 millennial mid level SWE. My guess is that it would be mid - senior level management or director level, business owners or startup techies who hit the jackpot. I also think most loans would top out at 2 - 2.5M. 2.5 mortgage at 4% is 12k + 4k taxes + expenses. You are looking at 20k housing expense/month. Anything more than that would be pretty crazy.

2 Likes

Yeah. I have the same doubt. My guess is management, director level and up.

2 millennial SWE are probably looking at around 2 - 2.5 price range with about 500k down and 2M mortgage. This may be why you see all the desirable SFH now at > 2M. Is this accurate @tomato? :slight_smile:

It wasn’t too long I have been renting to Director to VP to COO level.
This group disappeared from the rental market, now renting to Senior managerial & lower.

1 Like

I signed on because I’m familiar with this listing. I am not the agent but I know the seller. A few points of interest:

1. The house was in the same family for 42 years. The seller was widowed and downsizing.

2. The buyer was a Silicon Valley executive who already lived in the area and was looking for a larger property for his family.

3. The seller actually received offers HIGHER than this one, but liked the executive and his family the best, so elected to sell to them. Sometimes all it takes is being a nice guy - plus 18 million. :slight_smile:

4. Proving that some real estate issues can’t be quantified, a key point of sale was that the seller was very close to her next door neighbors and did not want to burden them with a nightmare neighbor. Interviewing was important. For example, the new buyers had to be okay with the next door neighbor’s animals.

So if you want to land that sale, brush up not only on your people skills, but your animal whispering.

3 Likes