Pay off mortgage or invest in stock?

Or maybe he’s sure we are all going to vote against Prop 10 and felt his mission was accomplished. :robot:

I’m not getting any kudos for helping to build you guys’ EQ…it’s a thankless job :cry:

1 Like

How so? By compare and contrasting with yours? :rofl:

Not sure if your mom taught you this. Most men have very fragile egos.

How is getting called :robot: a bad thing? He actually wants to be a :robot: by not taking any sides (except Prop 10 and Jane Kim). Yoda calls my brain tiny for Christ’s sake, you don’t see me running for mommy and daddy :cry:

1 Like

I think the regulars here have skin so thick that not even a bullet can penetrate… we’re a shameless bunch. The shameful ones have all left or turned into lurkers… :rofl:

We need more gender diversity here man. Stop being so shameless.

Um… I can’t help. You’re the forum leader and the one who attracts attention. We are this way because your personality attracts people like us… :rofl:

I don’t think you can get any more diversity. Not everyone can withstand the level of bullying/jokes around here. Only few are immune. Just imagine, can a normal female withstand what I go through on here? No.

1 Like

Hope they didn’t do any permanent psychological damage to you. :pray:

Wait, what about the psychological damages done to me? :rofl:

We don’t cover pre-existing condition here. :smile:

2 Likes

How rude!!! Hope Bezos gets his heart attack tomorrow! :rofl:

Bezos looks like a gym rat. I think there is a bigger chance of him getting hit by a bus than suffering a heart attack. By the way I think it’s nicer to wish for Walmart eating Amazon’s lunch than to curse him ill.

Ok then I hope he gets hit by the bus tomorrow… :rofl:

If it is primary and balance is 100k, I would definitely pay off. After the tax overhaul last year, it is better to borrow money from rental and pay off primary as you can claim standard deduction once you paid off primary and also claim tax deduction on rental.

2 Likes

Especially for most people who only understand real estate, and don’t understand stocks, best to pay off mortgage as it is a guaranteed return of 4.5%. However for people like tomato who understand tech stocks, make more sense to invest in tech stocks since return is much higher. If S&P index fund, sheriff’s choice (same as your) is probably wiser as explained by him because of macro issues. 4.5% guaranteed return is very good.

1 year treasury yields 2.5%. I wouldn’t call 4.5% return good.

Very good ? Extremely good? Exceptionally good?

As mortgage interest rises, it will make even more sense to pay off mortgage. This would drag down the investment in stocks. Mortgage interest increases are not good for stock investors like us.

1 Like

What did we do to you?