Predictions for Sunnyvale, Cupertino

Maybe the same person owns every house on Plymouth?? :scream:

2 Likes

Not same person, I verified the other one is from China, 6 years working in google and Stanford grad.
It is all google, Facebook stock money

Where is tomato? Where is tomato? 
:smiley:

2 Likes

@tomato, @jil is calling you!!! :laughing:

You are talking about the buyer, right? Is the seller the same for these Plymouth houses?

Tomato might be busy writing offers

i am busy standing by these days
 long story.

Sellers are different. Looks at sold “1074 Plymouth Dr” property tax 1993 bought $2554, and look at listed “1125 Plymouth Dr” property tax is $924, and estate sale, family lived 60 years. The listed one is being sold by heirs, tax free gain completely ! IMO, the sellers are different.

So inheriting is tax free again??? So nice! Unfortunately I can’t take advantage of that because I’m inheriting zilch.

1 Like

Under a few millions, you can inherit without an estate tax.

If the estate is after tax money, why charge an estate tax again? We should encourage the family value, encourage people to have kids and encourage kids to be nice to their parents.

Just allow people to pass their wealth to their kids, no interference.

22.4 Millions !

“encourage family”.

this is not how it is done, though, now is it?

What this is useful for concentration of wealth. Similar reasons why some countries have “wealth tax”, in addition to income tax.

Property tax is a “wealth” tax. Capital gains tax is a “wealth” tax.

Do you want a property tax on stock and saving account as well? How about a property tax on diamond, gold, silver, mattress, shoes, hats, glasses?

Tax is bad, better remove or reduce tax wherever you can.

Wealth concentration is inevitable, it’s not bad not good, just a natural phenomenon. Communism can force an equal wealth but power abuse actually is much worse than wealth concentration.

I would choose wealth concentration over power abuse.

1 Like

Equal wealth means most people would refuse to work productively. Humans are by nature selfish, if you don’t let them keep most of their compensation, they would refuse to work productively. Wealth tax is popular because most of us are poor, we are envy of the wealthy. Having said that, having too much wealth concentrated is bad for society harmony. The issue for debate is where should the line be? It was $5 million before the $11.2 million come in.

Where do you think the line should be?

1 Like

I am not suggesting new taxes. I am just stating facts. Just dont hide behind family.

If it were important, us wouldnt have something something percent divorce rate.

It just so happens 11M is about 99% percentile in terms of net worth:

I was thinking this, I think most important thing (regardless of the limit) could just be “home” their parents lived in. IT would suck if a live-in son would be forced to sell when his parents die (whether this should happen in the first place - the son living in with their elder parents - is a different question).

Beyond that, I don’t know. I don’t have rich parents, and my 1 year of income is almost more than what they make in their life times, so i never had to think about it.

1 Like

True for most of Asians :smiley:

I think most of us support our parents so this is the norm for us. But what about our kids? Wifey and i want to be sufficiently well off that we don’t depend on the kids. So in our generation we have to not just support the parents but also set up a good foundation for the kids

1 Like

Singapore solved this problem long ago. In Singapore, the property tax is determined by the Annual Value (AV) of each individual property,
Annual Value x Property Tax Rate = Property Tax Payable
AV = Monthly market rent of the unit x 12
Market rent = Rent less reasonable rentals for furniture and maintenance fees

Tax rate for owner-occupied property is very low,

Exchange rate is US$1 = S$1.3108
Idea is tax the income (cash flow) of the property and not the worth of the property.

1 Like

That is USA financial independence concept !

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141330835X

I rented in Plymouth and quality of life is nothing more than boring. The appreciation in last 1 year in Plymouth is similar to some areas of Fremont. The majority of future unicorn companies are having a terrible commute time from Sunnyvale.
List of companies producing multi-millionaire in quick time (none of the big companies close to it).

Only folks looking for safer options like Google, Amazon and Apple are looking for Cupertino, Sunnyvale etc. It’s herd mentality.
Lesser known companies have provided more money then these companies. For example, average folks joined the company like Nutanix 5 years back is sitting on at least 3M net worth.

3 Likes