Predictions for Sunnyvale, Cupertino

You didn’t enter until last month. He doesn’t think highly about you :slight_smile:

@rinkas let’s put a closure to my jealousy and misery here…will you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve owned since August of last year.

Hmm, rinkas works for ntnx? We better delete all the messages :rofl:

Ok one way to tell is to figure out how much mortgage he owes. If he owes a lot of debt in his primary residence then he probably didn’t make a lot from the startup.

Hard to tell. He could own 100 acres in India

2 Likes

More than likely having his primary home paid off before pursuing land in India.

Most likely he made no more than 1M after tax. And he’s actually a good success story from startup dream.

1 Like

No not typical mindset of the first generation folks from India. Interest rates in India are 10%. So I would never pay off anything here that is 4%.

@BAGB I just closed on 25 acres in India. So yes your are right. Mortgage won’t tell anything

3 Likes

Won’t tell everything but still telling. Now you got me curious. I would be more than happy to search his info for you using PropertyRadar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it would be much less than 0.1%. I’ve seen engineers get 0.1% at startups with <50 people.

Even in 2014 Nutanix had a 2B valuation. If they gave him 0.1% stock they’d be giving him 2M of stock - that is very unlikely for an IC engineer.

Likely scenario is that they gave him around 200K worth of stock at the time. The company is now 4X that valuation but he suffered some dilution. That means 0.5M is right around the ballpark I’d expect.

2 Likes

My guess would be 5 million.

Lol you are trolling to make our friend jealous, there is no way he has 5M of stock!

1 Like

Also I’ve gathered from some of your posts that you worked at PayPal back in the day and things have changed a lot since then. My numbers are current from last 2-4 years and much less equity is given out now than back then. I remember even when FB was hiring back in 2007 the googlers were saying the stock grants were very small relative to google pre-ipo! But it turned out ok I guess bc Facebook’s growth was so phenomenal.

Did you get 5M from PayPal?

1 Like

Will release that info after you post your net worth profile here.

2 Likes

Haha good luck with that! You both should download the app “Blind” which is an anonymous app where tech people talk endlessly about their compensation, RSU’s etc. I guess it’s a fascinating topic to a wider group than just this one. You know the numbers in Blind are somewhat real bc you can see where someone works but not their identify. I actually tried to find some Nutanix info on Blind to help our friend but I could only find recent offer numbers.

Also I remembered that we still have our deal to complete where I invest in your flipping business :slight_smile: Possibly the first official business deal in this forum? Unfortunately my capacity has decreased with the recent crypto bloodbath but I sold enough before it happened that I’m still fine and ready to invest in something less crazy! Am messaging you!

1 Like

So now it’s getting harder to strike rich from startup. No wonder people are not enthusiastic about startup anymore.

2 Likes

I don’t have any interest in “blind”. I’m only interested in knowing about real people and real things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol, never realized that bragging rights are with selected few :slight_smile:

On serious ground, I just wanted to share my experience of Sunnyvale- sp Plymouth, how herd mentality dictates such decision. I am not sure Plymouth or part of Sunnyvale can sustain such appreciation.

2 Likes

Even though not having direct exp of NTNX I can easily say any one joining MTS in 2013 with some moderate exp would have got close to 30-50K stocks if not more. Depending upon performance would have added more.

By the same example - I know engineers in Google and Apple - Phds world-class university of Korea and China - 10+ exp post PhD don’t make an excess of 300k.

Point is not about one company or other. If you follow tech industry closely company like Google and Apple are struggling to attract top tier (managers are different story - startup don’t need them).

1 Like