Predictions for Sunnyvale, Cupertino

talk here is also expensive!

? How so?

Less action and more talking from @hanera is better. I donā€™t want him competing in my hood.

1 Like

Next to major road. Got a price cut.

1014 = Sure to die

:scream:

Ah that must be the reason. Gotta buy it, apply for address change, sell it for 300k premium.

1 Like

I would not touch this home !

The issue is the flipper bought this home for 1.75M last sep 2017, trying to offload at 2.298M, at about 31% price hike.

OMG, this is what exactly happened in 2007-2008, every 3 months 25% price hike happened as buyers were crazy.

History repeats in 2018, every six months 30% jump on price.

1 Like

For the house: Yeah, the renovation looks very mediocre, if anything.

Do you see an end to that? you are moving from stocks into re, but if thereā€™s pullback, where do you think it will go before it drops? Where will it drop to?

Letā€™s take trillon dollar guessā€¦

looks at this houseā€¦ new record for this area

1 Like

:scream:

No idea when & How much and where, but I am not concerned about it as I have seen this place last 25 years, homes jumping from 400k to 2.5M level (now). Yes, it can happen. I understand the risk, but the effect on my assets is lessor than stocks as real estate has low volatility than stocks. If there is a drop, I may buy (likely) one more using my refi cash, otherwise I will build my single story home. On any case, I have plenty of safety net to cover.

So far, I have heard five of my friends, who bought Condos/TH in the last two to three years, bought again (SFH) recent months leaving old home as rental. It is unbelievable I am hearing more such incidents. They bought those Condos/TH thinking that prices may crash, but now they are convinced by FOMO SFH ! Even I had FOMO 10k lot out of reach, then bought one.

1 Like

Sound like prices are pumped by investorsšŸ˜€

1 Like

Diminishing availability of big lot SFH (as 3 stories are coming now a days) and The reason for my recent purchase is to lock the low rate once for all. The rates less than 4% or even 4.25% is going to be the lowest rate in this century ! Like short sale is history (not foreclosure), low rates are going to be history in USA.

That was cheapā€¦

too remote?

1 Like

Indeed remote. It takes you 20 min to get down from there to Monta Vista HS. You could be friends with mountain lions however :slight_smile:

This home has been listed years like this way ! You will be jungle-jun then :joy:

Jungle Jil sounds catchier.

1 Like

Rates will go lower next recession. Weā€™ll see 3.5% again maybe even lower. The trend is a multi decade trend. Lower lows during a recession and lower highs during expansion.