Price guesses - Burlingame edition

And he called this $3.5M house a steal compared to that Santa Clara shack…I was like, are you kidding? No.
Doesn’t matter if it’s cheaper per square footage. Diminishing returns after 2,000sf.

1 Like

We only have 2 people left here who don’t own a home. Let’s see which one will go the last.

But when everyone owns a house or more, where will be new buyers? I just hope this forum doesn’t represent anything in the real world.

Demand is depleted one buyer at a time. We need new people to continue moving here. The incoming flow is slowing down

Who are the two people?

tomato and potato :rofl:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it waste of time but i am pretty amazed by how @tomato managed to be in the market so long. In my case, i got extremely tired after losing 5-6 offers(about 2 months of OH tour). As a matter of fact, i purchased my primary at the very first offer i made. With investment property, i wanted to take it slowly and my offer got accepted 2 months after i had started to look seriously. Yet, i felt like i spent too much time and energy on it at the end. Reading disclosure package alone easily takes 2-3 hours. How many offers have you made so far, @tomato?

1 Like

This forum is mainly full of investors. And most seem to more interested in the stock market. Does not represent or mean anything as an indicator of RE market trends. Unfortunately Tomato doesn’t know the fundamentals. Buy and wait instead of wait to buy. In the good old days people bought a starter home and traded up. Now everyone wants the perfect home from day one. Problem is perfect homes don’t exist in the BA. I am currently shopping in Placerville. Hundreds of choices actually makes it difficult. In the BA choice is extremely limited. Buy what you can afford and hold on till you can buy what you want.

I would read it to mean that if there is a downturn, there will be investors there to pick up “deals”. The market isn’t overheated, but rather it is orderly. Slow and steady wins the race. A sprint will leave you vulnerable.

I love the journey, what can i say :slight_smile:

who are they? :slight_smile:

That’s not what I said don’t twist my words. burlingame is arguably a better location, and santa clara home that i commented on has a higher price per square foot. that was my point.
If you look into my price guesses posts, they have been for anything from 1.4M (one of the lowest in sunnyvale) all the way to 10M.

I think this home could sell higher if someone did proper staging.

The top 2 most active home buyers are ironduke and tomato. Ironduke shows more dedication but tomato shows the most curiosity :joy:

RE has nothing interesting to report, mundanely acquire one per year. Since you want to know, just bought the following SFH for $300k.

2 Likes

What’s the rent?

you can find with reverse image search :slight_smile:

The Harvard potato already got a home out of state with the help of his dad. @tomato needs to work harder for the adoption.

Not high :sob: Only $1695.
Is a bet on appreciation :slight_smile:

6.8% rental yield. 3% property tax. You have a 3.8% cap rate.

Why are you not diversifying out of Austin? You are playing the aapl concentration game in Texas style?

Who is the Harvard potato? Does potato live in the house his dad bought? Or did the dad buy an investment property for potato?

Listen to elt1 too often. Tax rate is about 2.2% and actual property tax depends on appraised value. Current rate is below 2% over purchase price.

2 Likes