Price On Fire Ravaged San Jose Home Shocks The Country

This is very large home, expensive too, only one week open house. There are around 20 homes in DryCreek, each has large 0.25 or more lot, always going on premium. This neighborhood was created over old creak with winding roads.

Itā€™s a porsche driverā€™s dream road intown.

1 Like

Whatā€™s interesting is reading or seeing how people go negative on a property because on the side, they are in negotiations to buy it. :sweat_smile:

Or, like me many times, were beating on the bidding. :wink:

Now Jil. The situation of these homes on this Dry Creek is worse than the house in question on this topic. I donā€™t like driving by it and I do once a month. You are right, winding roads. And I hate them.

Never follow the herd. Buying a home in this market ultimately means you will end up overspending or end up wasting a lot of time and getting disappointed (looking, bidding and losing, press start againā€¦). Look for a private sale so that as long as the house checks out all you need to know is whether you want to pay the price that the seller is asking for. A lot of RE agents are lazy, but the good ones, the hungry ones, will look far and wide for you. Those are the folks who deserve and earn every dime of their commission.

1 Like

Buying the burned out home for its asking price and rebuilding is a lot cheaper than buying a brand new house in Willow Glen.

He also said nowadays, one of the main selling points for a property in Silicon Valley is its proximity to high-tech employment. The home is close to San Joseā€™s Diridon station near the proposed Google Village.

I bought a tear down in Menlo Park in 1989. $500k
Were 12 offers. Built a 4300sf house sold for $950. Barely broke even. I paid more per SF than anyone on the Peninsula at the time. 8300sf lot.
That house is worth $4m today. These high prices for tear downs is not news.

2 Likes

BART connection to Diridon is 2026 at the earliest. They havenā€™t even approved a design yet. Does any government project finish on time? Google has said they donā€™t want to build the village until the BaRat connection is done. The Google village is at least a decade away. People have definitely gotten ahead of themselves.

3 Likes

How about this one. A condemned house in Fremont sold for 1.23 million.

1 Like

Yes, PA (posted already) and was on the nightly news yesterday or the night before?

IIRC, this one is Mission San Jose School District, always hot properties at that location.

1 Like

Itā€™s back!!! For more, of courseā€¦ (hey, dump fees are high!!! :grinning::grinning::grinning:)

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1375-Bird-Ave-95125/home/839287

Looks almost like they gave up on the rebuild after market dipped.

Ok, that means one of you boys or girls can take the reins and build your masterpiece dream home. It should sell easily, no?