Real estate attorney rather than buyer's agent?

Actually, got the answer from their website:

Buying agents get paid 2.5% of the purchase price, which means on a typical $2 million single-family home, they get $50,000. Given escalating Bay Area real estate prices, that didn’t feel right to us, so we rebate 2% of the purchase price back to the buyer (subject to a minimum commission of $12,500 to Unlocked). If the buying agent commission is less than 2.5%, we reduce the cash back rebate by the same amount. For example, if the seller is only offering a 2.25% buying agent commission, you’d receive a 1.75% cash back rebate. If Unlocked would earn less than $12,500 commission, we rebate you all of the buying agent’s commission, after deducting $12,500 for Unlocked to cover our time and expenses.

I have used someone who charges less than this:
https://shopprop.com/services-calculation.html
ShopProp charges a minimum of $2k and a maximum of $6k compared to Unlocked’s minimum of $12.5k

Caveat added later: when I used ShopProp is 2018, their minimum commission was higher. I recall $6k min and $7k max. And the website now seems broken - missing logo etc. That wasn’t the case in 2018. So, not sure what’s going on there. If anyone decides to go with ShopProp, please know that I personally used them in 2018 but if I had to use them again, I’ll do due diligence again because of the changes mentioned above.

1 Like

Unlocked has changed their commission structure since I used them last November, almost a year ago. At that time their minimum commission was $7500 but now it is $12,500 except for new construction. You could ask for the $7500 minimum. Unlocked New Construction
Best For: New Construction homebuyers. Rebate: 2%
(subject to $7,500 minimum commission to Unlocked) Unlocked Concierge Plus Traditional Agent Homebuyers needing a full-service agent. Homebuyers wanting a local traditional agent.
2%(subject to $12,500 minimum commission to Unlocked)

1 Like