Real Estate in China

HK property value is down only 8%. Not the 10% I thought.

Property Markets From Hong Kong to Sydney Join Global Slump

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-03/property-markets-from-hong-kong-to-sydney-join-global-downturn

The ones that actually went down are not in prime location and/or condition (e.g. low floors, boonies, etc.).

Well HK’s RE correction is about to be over. 10% down. That’s it. Citi said it will then rise 10% for the year. :smile:

@dioworld you better hurry. :running_man:

Nah…it’s alrite, worse case is rent out our existing one, and use that money + a little bit more to rent another location i want(the SO MAN FUNG way )

What’s the so man fung way?

Too much trouble or tedious in Cantonese.

No. So Man Fung is the name of a famous fengshui master.

1 Like

You are right :blush: You guys keep in touch with what are happening in HK.

06%20AM

I am more interested in the So way of real estate. Never heard of his method. Care to elaborate?

He loves to rent. and own/invest in property, but majority of the time the place he lives, he rented it.
just example if this is in HK
millbrae 3bd maybe buy needs 1.7mil. but rent is 3500
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/Millbrae-CA-94030/15500495_zpid/97521_rid/3-_beds/37.644548,-122.344866,37.554648,-122.472239_rect/12_zm/

daly city, rent is more like my old one. 3.75k but house only worth 1.16M

so here, buying daly city to rent out, and live in millbrae is better

1 Like

Live in townhouse in Milbrae, rent out MF in daly city?

That makes total sense. Buy crapshack, rent luxury.

This So guy is freaky loaded.

We have talked about this strategy before with @Boolean. Buy in Fremont but rent in Palo Alto.

@Rent_and_Vent is the So Man Fung of this forum.

What I mentioned this at least 1 year earlier than him!!! I need credit!!! If not… you know…

daly city is not that crapshack, it’s decent . pretty safe and super convinient

1 Like

Does he have long hair too? :smile:

Really? Doesn’t ring a bell. :thinking:

I mentioned it at least 2-3 times casually but didn’t open a thread specifically to discuss it. I think I provide the links to that thread… detailed computation. In any case, since we’re here, 莫須有 evidences.

Well but then how come you bought a huge mansion in Austin? :thinking: