Real estate inventory is slowly ticking back up

The norm is 2% commission for buyers agents in Arizona and I have seen some at 1.75%

Market is still super hot in SF

I am seeing a lot more inventory around Palo Alto, Belmont and San Carlos. Are you seeing the same elsewhere in the Bay?

I heard South Bay is slowing down, East Bay not as much

Bad news for me.

There are literally only 4 houses for sale in Piedmont, and one of them is an $11M mansion that’s been sitting for 3 months and counting.

I get calls from Realtors finally …for houses which didn’t get offers on offer date.

3 Likes

Homebuying Demand Slipped Below 2020 Levels for the First Time This Year

“Some homebuyers are pausing or abandoning their plans to buy because homes in their area have gotten too expensive,” said Redfin Chief Economist Daryl Fairweather. “Even though there are no signs of prices coming down, homebuyers may face a bit less competition and have a bit more selection of homes this summer than they did earlier this year. All year we’ve heard stories about homeowners being reluctant to sell because they don’t want to face such a tough market as a buyer. As the housing market cools slightly, we may see more homeowners finally decide to cash out and move. And as the economy continues to reopen and employers clarify their work-from-home policies, more homeowners may decide that a move is in order.”

Inventory creeps up a bit more again this week.

The foreclosure moratorium is ending. Bad news for the housing market?

Good news for flippers

Don’t expect a real estate crash this summer

Except in Miami

“Many buyers have backed away from the housing market and are waiting until more and better homes are listed,” said Redfin Chief Economist Daryl Fairweather. “Buyers don’t have the same sense of urgency that they did at the beginning of the year. They aren’t racing to buy before prices increase, because asking prices have already increased and stabilized. And they aren’t racing to buy before mortgage rates go up, because rates have dropped back below 3% and are likely to stay low. With more new listings starting to come on the market, buyers who threw in the towel may want to look again because the market is tilting more in their favor.”

1 Like

What the July 4 holiday tells us about the real estate market

Mortgage Application Volume Bounces Back, Refi Share up 20%

Is housing demand starting to cool?

Are you sure ?

in May. Now is Jul. So is a lagging indicator.