Reassess?

Hi all,

I’m planning to do some fix up of my other house and renting it out. I think it is currently a 2/1 1220 sq .
but when we bought it long time ago, it was already more like 3bd/1.5 bath, i believe the sq footage is the same. Just one of the room doesn’t have closet. I’m planning to make it as 3/1.5 bath . I’m wondering will the property be reasssess the value since no square footage is added?

Thanks

You should point out that it was already like that when you bought it. It should not cause a higher assessment - the purchase price was already reflecting the extra rooms.

I have a building that is 1000 sqft larger than the assessor thinks. The addition was done with permits in the 90s and finalized, but for some reason the assessor did not update his records. I plan to go to the assessor and have the records updated. Since the property was purchased after 2010, I don’t expect a tax increase.

1 Like

Thanks Ptiemann, yes, it was like this when we purchase it many yrs ago.

just an update

went to city hall today, Looks like previous own actually did get a permit and convert one of the closet into a bathroom. So it should legally be 2/1.5 bath. I’ll need to send the document i found to assessor to update it.
And for the 3rd bedroom, I’ll need to do some drawing to convert a shower into a closet.