Rental Trend

Finally, some words of wisdom :smile:

1 Like

I asked that back when people were saying tax reform would crash RE values in the Bay Area. No one would bet prices will be lower at the end of 2018 than the beginning.

“Trump making RE jump 7x” is wisdom?

Now that’s something I can bet against.

1 Like

trump owns real estate, no? would increasing RE benefit him, why bet against that?

Not that particular phrase, but the rest of it… :smile:

700%? Are you serious?

take your 2x, and fly away :slight_smile:

Where is the google shuttle stop map?

1 Like

I think 3.5x is vey good in 10 years. 7x is scary, especially to people who owns no house

not on my corp laptop, sorry. i am also not sure if i am supposed to talk about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Weak sauce. :-1:

Cmon, shuttle stop is not trade secret. I think the google shuttle protest has already died down

1 Like

Real estate has never gone sideways and will never go sideways. It’s a one way ticket to the moon. Because it’s a hedge against inflation, and inflation will make everything look cheap some years down the road, even though it might seem expensive now.

Of course I am taking about “real” return. That is return after accounting for inflation.

Real return after inflation with leverage, it’s huge

Wrong assumption. Does your mortgage adjust to inflation? I already said home ownership is a hedge against inflation. Forget about real return.

1 Like

False definition of real return from Wall Street. I like Main Street definitions.

Simple idea trumps complex but false, fancy but wrong.

This narrative sounds exactly like what i have been reading about 2008… “real estate always goes up” :slight_smile:
while certainly true in the long run, 2026 is very near. I don’t own a home now, but even if i did, i wouldn’t want people to struggle with housing. Housing ownership & wealth in house ownership is not useful to society. People should just own their homes, and don’t think about it, it should be a utility. Except… it’s not.

Depending on how you look at it, homes can just be a utility or it can be a business that earns money for you. If you just buy a home and live in it, then it’s a utility. If you rent it to people, then it’s a business. There’s nothing special about this. You can also say to same thing about cars, boats, storage spaces, farms, etc.

1 Like

To make more than inflation… growth stocks :slight_smile:
Is rentals won’t beat inflation a correct corollary from your statement?
Flipping is business, we are talking about passive investment.