Indices & ETFs

Self-explanatory

2017_12_13_How_Cramer_on_TEVA

Very next day==>

2017_12_14_How_Cramer_was_wrong_TEVA

I decided to buy teva when i realized prescription antibiotics i took was TEVA (in addition to your comment, obviously).

2 Likes

@jil you talk about moat and margin of safety. Generic drugs don’t have a moat. Also, the price of Teva might appear cheap, but their revenue is declining. That price will become fair if revenue continues to decline. Restructuring and cutting costs are desperate moves to improve short-term earnings. Unless revenue starts to grow, they’re in a downward spiral.

First, I just showed the issue with Jim Cramer. His statements are not deep analyzed. It is 50:50 chance.

Here I justify TEVA which is not my original intent of my post as I plan to stay away.

Generic drugs don’t have a moat => They have generic and special drugs too. One of the drugs METFORMIN is used help type 2 diabetic for life and is almost used by big % of people around the world. TEVA world largest supplier of generic drugs.

One month Before Jim Cramer’s this statement, Warren Buffet bought 2% of TEVA at $14.5 which is known published to the world by feb 14th.

WB waited TEVA to get down from $70 to $10.5, until the company has real turnaround happens.

The next two quarters in 2018, company posted beyond expected reporting ( New CEO initiatives of restructuring effect) but loss due to take over.

The stock spiked from 14.5 to 20 and then dropped to 16.5 level. Here again Warren buffet bought another 2% which was published by news papers on May 14th.

The stock picked momentum after this second news…like AAPL at $99.

It is the marked difference between TV celebrity and deep value investor.

I have been following this stock since Feb 14th and this my first buy and hold forever stock for me (assured to WQJ) and purchased ( between $16.5 and $17.5 ) bulk 85% of my asset in single stock.

Risky as no diversification, but I trust WB ! For me this year, It is 33% up as of date! If I am not trusting him, who else can I?

I do not prefer to post any further here on TEVA topic as Everyone knows this from news media.

1 Like

buy brk

The manager needs to be fired.

Huh? :face_with_monocle:

Lineup is awful. LULU, PYPL, and IDXX as forwards? Gimme a break. This team is arranged by a soccer noob.

I am fan of LULU. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

You are a fan but you don’t buy their clothes…:unamused:

Is not the apparel maker LULU, is the hot chick LULU.

30% in couple months for 85% of your assets is pretty good. Don’t listen to marcus :slight_smile:

Too good to be true :slight_smile: Is not total assets. Is stock portfolio.

1 Like

: ) my stocks did better but doesn’t mean long term it’ll do it :slight_smile:

In the long term we are all dead. We just need one spectacular bull run. Just one.

What?? I thought I’m his favorite on here :scream_cat:

1 Like

Aren’t we in the middle of it? Relax and enjoy the ride :smile:

1 Like

that’s his point.

Marcus was warning/cautioning me (productive way). If I guess right, he did not know WB bought 4%. Even for few millions of project, many companies, like ours, take a month or more to scope, plan and execute. Before putting 680M+ (4%) cash into TEVA, Warren buffet (or his team) would have done enough research. I trust that. This is a TEVA life term opportunity (like year 2008 real estate opportunity) we can not see this company at this through away price any time in future. This is why I called buy and hold stock. If in future, dividends are resumed, we get nice amount every year as a cash flow.

Correct, I meant stock assets/portfolio only which I sold/cashed Feb first week of 2018.