Indices & ETFs

I don’t care about Buffett. This is similar to his IBM bet. Never bet on a company with declining revenue.

If someone wants to follow Buffet’s portfolio wouldn’t it be way easier to just buy Berkshire shares? You will follow Buffett 100% in real time.

1 Like

NOt really, he’s looking into buffet’s new investments, not buffet’s all investments.

2 Likes

manch is intolerant of mistake. Make one mistake, he would condemn you for life.:disappointed_relieved:
Btw everybody should own 1 lot of BRK/B. You get discount for Geico auto insurance :slight_smile:

High lighted is a big mistake. Any way it is up to you.
I trust, follow and benefit out of his investments.

As I said already, what I bought now is like buying real estate during year 2008-2011 period.

Let us sync after 2 years about TEVA, appx Jun 2020 (May be US economy in deep red at that time).

Huh? :japanese_ogre: I made mistakes myself all the time.

Buffett himself says he likes to buy whole businesses. You can’t really shadow Buffett in the public market except buying BRK. Plus you can’t usually beat him on entry price. He may get discounts because he’s Buffett.

How about STOR? Buffett bought a big chunk.

Have you corrected them?

1 Like

Double standard. You forgive yourself yet don’t forgive others. Bad boy!

I tried to correct my mistakes. But then I will make new ones. Very annoying.

True, This is the key. Look at his new picks, analyze yourself first and buy it to benefit. If you feel buffets pick does not work, stay away.

Any way, it is our money and our growth, buffet pick is just guidance (added advantage) for us to invest.

As long as they are not the same mistakes over and over again.

知错改错不认错

If you follow 100% buffet, you are right. If you choose and analyze his picks and then invest, you can still beat buffet on YTD as your allocation % is different from his %.

Remember I sold BRK too this year !

For example, this year My YTD was 8.92% until Feb 2018, then flat for 2 months cash and now 35%.

As long as our income grows, to our satisfactory level, we are fine, right? It is absolute growth, not relative to buffet, neither S&P.

IMO, We are not in race to beat S&P, neither buffet nor anyone, except to grow our safety net.

I thought you sold everything? How come return is still growing?

I sold everything in feb 2018, held 2 months in cash and bought one and only TEVA with 85% of sold cash, keeping balance as my reserve for expenses. I bought TEVA because buffet choose to pick. As I said it is buy and hold for long.

Interesting. TEVA bottomed out in April and had a great run after that.

So AAPL to @hanera is like TEVA to @Jil. Both bet big on one single name.

1 Like

Are you now in the same camp as wuqijun, manch and me? Stock trumps :imp: RE.

I didn’t bet big. It was an insignificant % of my net worth then… like everyone who just started their career, RE is the biggest investment then. It becomes BIG… so big that at one time is about 95%+ of my networth until I start to diversify (aka slow appreciation significantly) to RE.

1 Like

You are betting big on AAPL by maintaining the position.

Futures are down big time.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NQ=F/