Indices & ETFs

You can share the Netflix password why would anyone pay to use it?

That might be an intentional marketing gimmick. They can easily charge a per device fee.

Sharing with friends is the best mouth of word marketing. Some people may not like to share their viewing history, privacy hawk @tomato might not.

I think Amazon prime is a worthy competitor. I wonder what future competition will do.

Iā€™ve been concerned about nflx for years. Thatā€™s why I never bought the stock.

Most mean employers have good stock performance. Nflx, Amzn, aapl are all mean and shareholder loyal.

Who are the other mean employers?

Reality

1 Like

convenience. why would anyone pay for anything that you can share - comes to mind, wifi.

Two people share the cost ā€¦Even though it is cheaper/low cost.

Technically, they can catch the account user. If I share my uid/pwd to you, NFLX team can trace IP, domain, location, latitude and longitude and find the difference, lock the account.

My understanding is that NFLX is aware of people sharing their passwords and are able to track it (simultaneous streams in close but distinct locations are one obvious giveaway) but closes one eye on it. I have a few friends who share passwords but most have their own accounts as people usually do the right thing. The ones who want to be cheap actually periodically sign up for the 2 week trial accounts, binge everything they want, then let the account lapse for another year

I am just too lazy to watch Netflix. Too much of a bother to find something to watch.

I mistrusted Nflx for a long time and didnā€™t buy until 2016. However it has gone up 600% since. Maybe itā€™s too much of a good thingā€¦ I still donā€™t trust it. But the paper dollar amount doesnā€™t lie :smile:

I used to not understand Netflix. After reading this article I understand it much better now. Bullish.

REDEF ORIGINAL: Netflix Isnā€™t Being Reckless, Itā€™s Just Playing a Game No One Else Dares (Netflix Misunderstandings, Pt. 3)

1 Like

Can you apply that same sentiment to Tsla? :slight_smile:

You need to write something then. Canā€™t be just playboy worship.

I think itā€™s just playboy worship at this pointā€¦

Yeah, the calendar needs to hurry up this vesting thing.

Looks like there is seasonality to corporate buybacks and we are heading into the high season. 2018 will be a monster year for buybacks because of tax cuts.

1 Like

Also, as the midterm approaches I think Trump will walk back some of his trade war threats. He really just needs the optics he ā€œwonā€ somehow, details be damned. Maybe the China stuff can be dialed down if enough businesses made some noise? Couple days back GM warned about tariffsā€™ impact to their guidance and its stock sank. Then next day the EU guy came and viola! No auto tariffs for now.

Market could rocket up if thereā€™s some relief to the trade war with China.

Your view is that all these are brinksmanship :smile:

I donā€™t have a firm view, only that Trump doesnā€™t care for anything except for himself. He doesnā€™t believe in anything. Heā€™s just in it for himself.