Indices & ETFs

Your horizontal axis is wrong. That is quantity, not demand. Increasing supply results in more quantity and reduced price. However, demand remains the same.

1 Like

Funny. Whatever. I make it easy to understand, can just add another demand curve in the my chart. China effect is increased supply :slight_smile: and reduced prices.

I think you are confusing demand with quantity demanded. Quantity demanded is driven by change in price, whereas real demand is not. In fact, at every price level there would be an increase in quantity demanded with an increase in “real” demand.

1 Like

I see what you mean. China increases supply of goods thus reduces the price. However, I’m referring to the consumption demand of China’s population. Eliminating that demand will result in both decrease in price and quantity of goods produced.

Let’s hear what someone who won the nobel prize in economics has to say about trade war:

They are points I have said many times before. Bilateral numbers are meaningless. You slash some deficit here only to increase it elsewhere. Root cause is low saving rate in US. As long as we need more investment than we save we need to import savings, aka trade deficit. BTW tax cuts make it worse because government “saves” less by having a bigger budget deficit.

I think you are right. Chinese people produce more than they consume (they export more than they import), so eliminating China will result in inflation.

Your daily dose of future: they are up slightly.

while every chinaman in china think china has no way to win and americans think they’re so useless they think they’re going to lose

why chinaman think china will have 0 chance of winning
all china’s gov executive i don’t even know how many years they spend to fled their $$ asset over to united states.
there’s already rumors in china trump will froze and take away all of these asset, yeah, and xi probably have a lot of $$ in the states as well, not to mention US can stop all chips to china, not allowing china to use development software(us can just claim national security BS will prohibit any sales to china) , i remember back in the days windows NT service pack is prohibited in HK due to i think one of the encryption

i wonder why xi telling his gov to shut the china dream banners, arresting ppl protesting against US, never seen those against vs phillipine/japan/korea right?
and xi has more problem than trade war right now.

I think the assumption here is that trade war was started to reduce the trade deficit. US will always be a net importer. The biggest one. We will always maintain a large negative trade deficit. That’s one of the fundamental to maintain superpower status.

I have said this before. Trade wars is similar to Regan’s Star Wars program. Star wars objective was not really to weaponize space.

Trump is exploiting China’s internal trouble to pressurize Xi. Very opportunistic. Many Chinaman are ungrateful. Deng then Xi open up China and these Chinaman got rich, and now refuse to help, instead they try to run away… if I’m Xi, all shall die. I don’t like ungrateful people.

Won’t be surprised that Trump would do that to deal with the budget deficit. These ungrateful Chinaman deserve it.

You know that this is a racial slur. Just because you are a person of Chinese descent does not excuse such behavior.

what part? the word chinaman? Why is that? (excuse my lack of knowledge here).

Look, do I also have to explain why the “n” word is derogatory to blacks? Go look it up yourself.

eh, sure. on its own though, means china + man. I guess i need more racist mindset to get all these.

Exactly what i was thinking - englishman, frenchman, etc. I hope new dictionaries use of offensive chinaman dies. The word is beautiful as is. Simple.

Well, I am sure @wuqijun and others here have been called that probably in grade school by non Asians. You wouldn’t think it was offensive (see Englishman) but the word evolved to be a thorn in our sides to say the least.

See, you learn a lot on here (wish there were more RE related stuff for me to post up…)

I have never been called that. Although I have been called the other “c” word once. Regardless, both terms are insulting and should never be used.

1 Like

@tomato didn’t know. Even a Googler can make a mistake…