Indices & ETFs

If you think it’s a ripoff at 175 I don’t see why you would consider buying at 150.

1 Like

Very good, I am accumulating both Tcehy and FB, but prefer to scale in patiently then wait for the price to decline. DCA purchasing no need to monitor that much.

If I ever buy FB it will be a very small stake. I’d rather reserve my investment funds for stocks that I think would 3x and above.

Ok that would be TSLA…

Yeah, their surfboards…:grinning:

I’m glad they have diversified out of cars and solar… :rofl:

That’s a pretty cool methodology and you seem to have the discipline to pull it off. Kudo.

The down side to this is you miss the gains in a long bull market for stocks like FANG which did not have huge dips, but the positive aspect is I catch undervalued stocks like TWTR, oil, bank, airline, etc. at or around its absolute low. I feel good about this methodology so I will stick with it.

1 Like

You have the discipline of a :older_woman:

Stop flirting with her. Your return dwarfs her. Is all about annualized return over say 20 years. She is shy to share her current annualized return over x year.

Benchmark is S&P index. Historical annualized return of 11%. Last few years is much higher, not relevant, talking about 20 years or more.

Strategies are secondary. Most important is discipline. How many here bought S&P and sat on it for 10 years? I am genuinely impressed with @harriet’s discipline. I am sure she will be very wealthy in 20 years.

Me!

Why not already?

Next!

Who has better investment between Wuqijun and Manch in the last 20 years?

Not sure about that. She trades. Is hard for return of trading to beat return of buy n hold rock solid stocks for one and only one fact. Do you know what is this ONE fact?

Huh? Need to ask? Past 20 years, only one person. Next 20 years, can be anyone.

My 401k is similar to that. Was about 50% S&P 10 years ago and overtime migrated to 80% S&P as I started leaving foreign funds due to their volatility.

1 Like

First and foremost, I do not have 20 years of investment experience. Secondly, I am mostly in cash position because I am looking to buy my second property (as you all know). Yes I am still looking.

The stocks I am still holding onto are sitting in my IRA account and mostly purchased some time in 2016. I never pay attention to my annualized return because I am not the type that stares at my portfolio on a daily basis for boasting purposes (I only follow the stock market when I have time or when something big is happening).

Since you are Curious George, I just calculated my annualized return for my current stocks since purchase (again, mostly in 2016 so it’s only been two years) and my return is 27% year over year as of today.

You look at her strategy. I look at the person behind the strategy. It’s like betting on strtaups’ current products vs the founders behind them. Discipline is much harder to come by, strategies are a dime a dozen.

1 Like

Stop flirting with her, I know you are a feminist. She is a 将, not a 帅.
Discipline of wuqijun is also very good, buy n hold (especially TSLA) for so many years, didn’t hear you praise him?

Tell me that ONE fact why is hard for return of trading to beat return of buy n hold?