Indices & ETFs

Since I like to agitate the hornet’s nest, how is your 401K doing? :smiley:

The stock market, purportedly an example of the economy going like a train but wirh no tracks on the horizon has been in the mud for many months. Thanks to the tariffs. :wink:

• YTD Return % 2.48

• 6-Months Return 2.20

• 1-Year Return 11.78

Here is my ROI from retirement account, almost 50% in Roth! This is as of yesterday closing, reduce 1% today.

4 Likes

Wow!
I would put all my money into that!

Never mind! I had that stupid conversation before with some dummies.

The current volatility is not due to tariff, but uncertainty created by Nov 6th election. Market will unlikely swing up ( big swing I mean ) until they see the results of election!!!

The Dow dropped 300 points after falling more than 450 points, led by declines in Caterpillar and Apple. The S&P 500 fell 1.3 percent as the communications and tech sectors lagged. The Nasdaq pulled back 2 percent. Overseas, China’s Shanghai Composite dropped fell sharply.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/market-tumbles-again-on-worries-about-chinese-stocks/ar-BBOxIkx?ocid=spartanntp

I don’t understand gibberish about stocks, anybody can say they are earning whatever. At the end, numbers don’t lie, nobody can sustain an increase in returns when the market is back peddling almost every day. You lose 5% today, you need to make up 10% tomorrow just to recover. You are not safe from losing your money! Only an IUL has the capacity to stop your losses at 0. Even some IULs are giving you a 0.25% if the market crashes. Whatever! Water over the bridge!

"Housing stocks also fell. The iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB) dropped 1.4 percent. They also fell after Bank of America Merrill Lynch downgraded shares of Toll Brothers and PulteGroup, along with NVR, as it reduced its forecast for housing starts.
The rise in bond yields came a day after the Federal Reserve released the minutes from its September meeting. The minutes showed the central bank is still convinced tighter monetary policy is the best course of action for the economy to remain steady.
“To me, this reflects a lack of trust in the Federal Reserve,” said Craig Callahan, president at Icon Funds. "The market fears the Fed will over-tighten."

Look at fundamentals, many banks reported good results, but still price sagging. Same things with many other companies.

As long as fundamentals are good, forecasts are good, market going down is an opportunity to buy at low.

Stocks are volatile by political uncertainty, but no analysts will inform this. That is the bad side of it.

1 Like

YTD gain for AMZN = 54.06% :rofl:
YTD gain for AAPL = 29.88% :joy:

3 Likes

YTD gain for nflx is 72%… :sunny:

2 Likes

I know but nobody here say they work in NFLX. I quoted this gain in F10 thread.
A few here work in AMZN and AAPL or ex-AAPL so I thought it would be good to show these 2 stock gains.

Who work in NFLX here?

Did you own a sizable NFLX position? Congras if true.

YTD gain for AMD is 150%!! :sunny: My gain was more than 200%

Did ppl invest in IULs?

3 Likes

My investment in NFLX was after it went down last quarter… so yes sizable position BUT modest gains :slight_smile:

1 Like

Close behind Jil’s 32.30%.

2 Likes

Please stop posting how much you gained percentage wise. Post absolute numbers only. Otherwise don’t bother posting.

2 Likes

:+1: x 100

1 Like

This is one of the six accounts, realized gains alone, unrealized is not here. Total return is more than double of this including realized+unrealized.

[Removed Picture]

3 Likes

So, dude now that your numbers are out… where are the ones from others who asked for it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw, your numbers can still be seen. So, if you want, ask the moderator to remove it permanently(assuming that capability exists).

That is okay, if it is hidden!!!:rofl:

Futures are pretty red. We are not out of the woods yet.