Indices & ETFs

It will mess up my margin liquidity requirement. I am just focusing on FB and AMZN for now. FB seems to have pretty solid support at the $150 level. touch wood

Here we go again. Futures again quite negative.

getting worse.

1 Like

One of the oldest sayings is don’t fight the fed, and it appears the fed is determined to tighten and tighten until they slow/crash the economy. It used to be the fed was a mix of hawkish and dovish messaging. Now it’s all hawkish.

1 Like

IMO, all volatility will be changing after election results.

I hope you’re right.

Feel like we are in a STFR bear market.

Feel like the war between China and America has started.

1 Like

Today looks like another Oct 10, 2018 kind of low. Mainly market is getting shorted for results.

My hope is on Today’s results TSLA, MSFT, AMD and Visa and Tomorrow GOOGL and AMZN. Hoping all 6 are going to give positive, we may have some breath by Friday.

I am all red, looks like jumped early, except few stocks keeping me just positive.

You should liquidate all. Don’t be afraid to keep cash temporarily.

1 Like

OMG, Golden words from Buy and Hold Guru:rofl:

Remind me This Friday and Nov 12th, 2018 !

It is TSLA and TEVA, keeping me positive !

AT&T doing their bit to drag market down too. EPS miss.

1 Like

JIl,

VZ is better than T right?

1 Like

Yes, you are right!

Verizon needs to step up its game. Every other major carrier throws in a streaming service for free, but with Verizon you get zilch.

I read the ATT report, I am going get more ATT at appropriate time.

Reason is “WarnerMedia, formerly known as Time Warner pre-takeover, garnered revenue of $8.2 billion, an increase of 6.5% from the year prior. Turner boosted its revenue 3.9%, citing strength in subscription, content and other revenue growth, while HBO rose 2.4%. Warner Bros. revenue rose 7.5% in the wake of box office releases including Crazy Rich Asians, The Meg and The Nun.”

I see Time Warner is positive take over helps ATT to grow.

I might get some T if it drops more. Nice ~7% dividend.

1 Like

T?
@Jil

Yes, T. I own small amount 50 shares, planning to buy more as I see good Long term growth and dividend payers (qualified dividends if we hold for long and that is taxed at LTCG rates).

Similarly, planning to own NLY , when it comes down around $8.75, as they are 12% dividend (non-qualified Mortgage REIT).

Is there anyone dovish left on the fed board?