Indices & ETFs

He is praying god not to give dictatorship to Trump ! It happens…

What Obama faced previously, Trump faces now.

Something to check in the crazy Trump is great for the economy.

2 Likes

Futures edging higher.

1 Like

Another very red day.

I remember someone saying bottom is in. Where is it? :slight_smile:

It’s today.

3 Likes

Another day to purchase, All of them hold long

2 Likes

Can say that again tomorrow.

1 Like

I like to tease clueless people :slight_smile:

Or younare clueless and pretend to mess with people.

Go back to your job and fix those bugs. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seems like a bad day in the stock market. Any insights into what might have happened and when this will end?

I hope everyone is asking same/similar question often, but really no answer as Mr.Market is unpredictable.

As long as we focus long term, say one or more years beyond, we will not have any issue with current drops/volatility.

All I understand that whatever negative hypes they are creating on Apple is as false as whatever negatives went on TSLA.

Here is the info:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-shares-sink-after-iphone-suppliers-lower-outlooks-1542061197

"Apple Inc. AAPL -5.04% shares sank further on Monday, as investors’ worries deepened about sales of new iPhones after two key suppliers for the device cut their earnings projections for coming months.

Japan Display Inc., 6740 -8.57% which supplies screens for the iPhone XR, cut earnings estimates for its fiscal year ending in March. It said orders for its latest LCD panels would be much lower than its initial expectations for the three months ending in March.

Similarly, Lumentum Holdings Inc., LITE -32.98% which makes facial-recognition components for iPhones, lowered its earnings forecast by nearly 25% for the three months ending in December, saying one of its largest customers had materially reduced shipments for previously placed orders."

But the true fact is

Apple had no comment but referred to its previous remarks that its supply chain is complex, and that trying to extrapolate the performance of any one of its products based on suppliers’ forecasts can create a disconnect between anticipated sales and actual sales.

The iPhone maker is transitioning from a business driven by the number of devices it ships into one that leans on pricier products and more sales of software and services to drive revenue.

3 Likes

Hanera is right about apple turning to a services company, which has higher margins. Similar to google.

2 Likes

Compare apple iphone’s historical price increases. Now, the range is $999-$1749. This is almost like our laptop price range. Apple has brighter chances to meet its forecasted sales/margins.

Apple has stopped numbers/unit sale statistics as this will results unwanted volatility. However, analysts are trying to predict various that ends into volatility. Now, opportunity to get AAPL stocks at lowest price range.

I have almost completed AAPL stock holds, but may increase 2020 options when dips further.

1 Like

I don’t trust that chart. The older $199-$299 was price with carrier subsidy. The price Apple got was much higher. The carriers were subsidizing the phones.

1 Like

There’s a limit to how much people will pay for a damn phone. iPhones are now competing with previous generations that still work perfectly fine. Apple fanboys like @hanera and @wuqijun are still carrying 4 or 5 year old phones. What apps even come close to maxing out a modern iPhone?

iPhone Xs is nice with a big screen but same physical size. I can see why people would buy for that. Also, you need to keep in mind that it’s essentially a camera in your pocket. With dual lens the pictures are awesome. Most normal people have stopped upgrading their cameras. Also, iphone 6 does not support 4k video. Now a days everybody has a 4k TV.

That’s why better buy Tsla to mitigate the inevitable. Tsla is growing and on its way up as opposed to Aapl.

1 Like