Indices & ETFs

It’s too early to turn bullish on stocks, chart watcher Louise Yamada says CNBC

“It’s too soon to know from our perspective whether it’s a rally in a bear market or an extension of the 2009 bull because rallies can retrace through to the high and still fail,” she said Thursday on CNBC’s " Futures Now .”

:hot_face:

1 Like

4 Red Flags The S&P May Pull Back Sharply

As of the open on Feb.19, the S&P 500 had advanced by 18.0% from its low in December. Despite concerns about a slowing global economy, Kobeissi believes that a turn towards dovishness by the Federal Reserve and optimism about a trade deal between the U.S. and China have been key drivers of the rally. He warns that stock prices now reflect bullish scenarios on interest rates and trade. Thus, he says the market has limited upside and significant downside should reality fail to reach expectations.

Time to go for self-fulfilling prophecy i.e. short or go for contrarian i.e. buy?

Sell stocks. Buy RE

1 Like

Unless the fed changes its stance, the party will continue.

FED will not change, for 2 years, until next election results announced in 2020, but party is unlikely to continue in view of global issue and yield spread USA issue.

This will change when long term 10 year note hikes so that Spread makes the banks to profit.

If not, real estate and bank sectors are the issue for next downturn.

With today closing down all 3 indexes, we have reached possible maximum yesterday. Very likely downtrend will follow next 50-90 days.

Watch out for bottom fishing soon.

If there is big drop (at least 5%) tomorrow or next week, my calculation is correct then.

1 Like

Are you shorting the market?

Not yet, but thinking whether to buy puts or not. I may do if I see one day dow 400+ drop or I will start buying puts slowly and add-on later.

Shorting or buying put is risky against the inflation. I need to run further data analysis to ensure the market is going down. Lot of data available in yahoo or internet, but correct logic & time is required.

After seeing Single day 50% drop in STMP, I was tempted by falling knife, but able to control myself. Such 50% drop is common during recession time, but normally I have not seen like that.

If I stay away from market, that itself great for me. As of date, I do not have shorts or put.

Late bull tends to yield the largest gain, so selling too early miss a big profit. Should wait for a turn to actually occur before becoming bearish – and then move very quickly.

:scream::scream::scream:

Signed,

@manch

Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP) has added to postmarket declines, now down 47.2% after hours on postmarket volume several times its daytime average, amid news that it’s ending its shipping partnership with the U.S. Postal Service, its biggest customer.

Stamps.com won’t have any stamps. No wonder it’s destroyed after hour.

2 Likes

Game over - 50% drop AH is an understatement.

1 Like

First, it is not about yield, but safety of my money is main concern…

Selling too early miss a big profit => Most likely, I may not have missed big profits,rather holding further may results further loss.

At one time, my friend used to hold $250000 with STMP. I checked with him today, he seems escaped. Neither he, nor I have never imagined shares of STMP will drop 50%.

IMO, fear of losing money is fine, but speculation is wrong (even if it is puts) as it results loss like FOMO greediness.

No one can predict the future, esp what market will do, very clearly. If I am wrong, I may definitely miss big profit. If I am right, I save my money.

Too many people missed big profit because they tried to save their money.

Spend it and be free!!! Your not your money’s slave.

True, I am ready to spend the money happily, but not waste the money holding the falling stocks :rofl:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-12/traders-with-515-billion-boycott-stocks-for-cash-despite-rally

Traders With $515 Billion Boycott Stocks for Cash Despite Rally
By Ksenia Galouchko
February 12, 2019, 3:26 AM PST

Investors with $515 billion surveyed by Bank of America Merrill Lynch aren’t convinced by the new-year equity rally and prefer cash to stocks.

Global equity allocations in February fell to the lowest level since September 2016, according to BofA, even as the MSCI All Country World Index is up almost 8 percent in 2019. That indicates a deep lack of conviction in the sustainability of the rebound among traders. The share of investors who believe the S&P 500 Index has peaked at 2,931 jumped to 34 percent this month from just 11 percent in September.

Perfect. Enough to soak up IPOs.

Do you think that those will sink in IPOs ?

The whole world knows why companies are rushing for IPO now…Before getting cash dried in market each one trying to get the cash from public !

Read “Margin of Safety” Chapter 2, Page 20-24, you will know the conflict of interest and IPO !

All those underwriters (banks/institutions) will get into issues when market sinks on IPO.

Not today. Better luck next week :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just keep trading Tesla. Up and down for the last 2 years. If you had held since 2017 zilch, in fact not much higher than 2014. But buying in the 200s and selling in the 300s could have had big profits.

1 Like

It may not happen until I put my money in. The moment I buy full, it is going to drop…Noticed it many times…ha ha ha ha ha…:rofl:

1 Like