Indices & ETFs

Futures are quite mute.

Thatā€™s because people are dumb. They wouldnā€™t recognize a tsunami even if it is roaring towards them.

Itā€™s 60% priced in

Most stocks are not impacted directly by the tariff war. China stocks will jump up. Check 2mrw.

1 Like

Bidu!!! Baba!!! 10c!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-03/u-s-and-china-in-final-stages-of-completing-trade-deal-wsj

The U.S. and China are close to a trade deal that could lift most or all U.S. tariffs as long as Beijing follows through on pledges ranging from better protecting intellectual-property rights to buying a significant amount of American products, two people familiar with the discussions said.

Chinese officials made clear in a series of negotiations with the U.S. in recent weeks that removing levies on $200 billion of Chinese goods quickly was necessary to finalize any deal, said the people, who werenā€™t authorized to talk publicly about the deliberations. Thatā€™s the amount the Trump administration imposed after China retaliated against the U.S.ā€™s first salvo of $50 billion in tariffs that kicked off the eight-month trade war.

One of the remaining sticking points is whether the tariffs would be lifted immediately or over a period of time to allow the U.S. to monitor whether China is meeting its obligations, the people said. The U.S. wants to continue to wield the threat of tariffs as leverage to ensure China wonā€™t renege on the deal, and only lift the duties fully when Beijing implemented all parts of the agreement.

In spite of this good news, stocks went down

This shows our economic issues are not related to tariff but related to global correction/slow down.

Jil, did you liquidate all your stocks?

Iā€™m rethinking my buy and hold strategy.

Buy and Hold is easiest way to grow funds, either with stocks or index funds.

Yes, I already said 100% cash position.

Your decision should be independent on your own analysis+policy as I may change my stance any time that is suitable to me. Most of cash are in IRA account, tax does not have any role(or least impact) in my decision.

1 Like

For your profile, best to just buy n hold index fund and enjoy life :grinning: Either DRIP the fund dividends or splurge :crazy_face:

1 Like

While the cloud and semi stocks are declining, thanks to my stock portfolio that doesnā€™t have that many of those stocks (sold most of them), is greener and greener,

18%20AM

My index fund & VOO (21% from last Christmas eve) is doing well too,

Itā€™s amazing the degree some people not paying attention to details make you believe the tariff war is not having an impact on the stock market. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It is proven beyond the doubt it has. A complete year full of nonsense has played the losing cards in the speculative world of the stock market. The inside trading is in full force. And somebody is manipulating the stock market, I wonder why? :laughing::laughing:

Three sources told CNBC that President Donald Trump wants the U.S. and China to strike a deal in hopes of boosting stock prices ahead of the 2020 election. The sources said Trump thinks getting a deal on trade would accomplish that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-falls-more-than-150-points-as-wall-street-looks-for-more-clues-on-us-china-trade/ar-BBUqzON?ocid=spartanntp

Market is in a bull trend. Logically, should exploit this weekā€™s weakness, BTFD. Quite sure there would be a new ATH in 2019. Buy CAT and DE :wink:, had them at below $100, so not adding. Noted BHP, a currency hedge, is at 2 year high.

4 Likes

Of course we are in a bull trend. Who says otherwise?

1 Like

That would be @jil.

1 Like

:scream:

Thereā€™s another forum member who went all cash waiting for opportunities. I donā€™t remember his nameā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

BTW: Who is that? :rofl:

@zensri?

1 Like

Oh yeah. Whereā€™s he?

Heā€™s too busy zening the sri :smile: