Indices & ETFs

Looks like both S&P and Nasdaq are about to have a golden cross in the next 2 weeks? Although their 200-day are flat.

1 Like

Russell has not been doing well…

BLACK MONDAY??? :scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

It’s more likely to cause a relief rally.

“No more indictments will be filed from the special counsel’s office, nor will any more be recommended, a senior Justice Department official told NBC.”

1 Like

I haven’t given this much thought. Can you select DRIP for any S&P tracking MF or ETF? Or is this available only for some instruments?

DRIP is your choice to setup with broker for any stocks, ETFs, MFs. Check your broker setup, you will see it or talk to them to set for all your investments. DRIP grows better in the long hold like hanera’s AAPL which he bought in 1998.

1 Like

Just make sure to turn off auto DRIP a month before tax loss harvesting. Otherwise it becomes a wash sale.

@Jil Option trading portfolio hits a new ATH. However, broad market would soon pull back badly. Raise cash to BTFD.

1 Like

Better beware of Aapl in that case. It’s the only stock that is suffering today.

Probably hit $200s, pull back to $180s which would then be lower than @manch BABA. Jim Cramer advises “hold, not trade AAPL” :grinning:

After @manch said it is easy to make money with BABA, it tumbles below AAPL…

We all know @manch has very little clue when it comes to investing :smile:

Options are always time bound and speculative. Options are aggressive traders mentality.

That is against buy and hold.

Option trading portfolio makes a new ATH today. Up 5+%.

You read the wrong literature. :fire: those lit :fire: Give you a short lesson,

Long underlying == Long call + Short put

1 Like

On any case, Long call + Short put, can you hold it for 5 to 10 years, like buy and hold?
Why did you purchase AAPL shares (1998) instead of (Long call + Short put) AAPL ?

Options are not owning the stocks or part of the company, it is the right to own stocks.

BTW: This forum only few people, less 10, are discussing, but not actively participated by many… I do not know why…

Aware of options only in 2005-6 :laughing:

Yes. Roll the spread. Profit and loss profile of long call and short put is exactly the same as long underlying :face_with_monocle:

Introverted personality :grinning: For them, opening a new topic or chip in requires Herculean effort. Also not many want to share their secret sauce of success, not many can withstand alternative view especially those that expose their logic flaws.

1 Like

For me, time bound options are scary, I do not want to take any risk like that…Just buy stocks when it is low, hold. Whenever I feel good gain, sell it. This is easier than options.

Most probably, I hold LEAPs position far longer than you’ve held the shares.

1 Like

I said it’s easy to understand. Making money is hard no matter what names you are talking about.

Even the fall of BABA is easy to understand. The dead man aka Yahoo is unwinding its BABA position. Expect more short term selling pressure. In a way it’s easy to make money with BABA. Just buy when the losers sell.

2 Likes

Sure you won’t need to sell to cover margin calls? :smiling_imp:

In that case, shouldn’t MU very easy to understand? Over production, price of NAND/ Flash drop, MU drops. Demand greater than production, price of NAND/Flash increases, MU rallies. Commodities are that easy to understand. Recalled there is a SOX exchange where you can monitor prices of memory chips… cake for you, right?