Indices & ETFs

Folks here are more interested in Nasdaq.

NASDAQ looks much better.

2 Likes

Look like the uptrend is led by NFLX (new ATH today) with his cloud siblings like NTNX, NOW, SPLK, ADBE, RHT… about to achieve new ATHs.

1 Like

FOMO calling?

I looked at SPLK and NOW. They are both very expensive. In SPLK’s case how come a 14 year old company still loses money? EV/Rev is more than 11. A bit too rich for me.

Charting really work? .if it does how come the chartists aren’t all billionaires?

Talking really work? If it does how come the talk cock king ain’t all billionaires?
Education really work? If it does how come the educated ain’t all billionaires?
Hardwork really work? If it does how come the hardworking guys ain’t all billionaires?
Real estate investment really work? If it does how come the real estate investors ain’t all billionaires?

1 Like

Charting is like handicapping horses…Makes you feel good…But nobody can predict the future.

Monkeys vs Chartists

Nobody is predicting the future. You misinterpreted. I think you should heed qijun’s advice, stay out of things you don’t know or not interested about. Is very annoying to hear you and the UCLA talking out of your depth.

I can handicap a property better than most…As far as stocks, I stick with index mutual funds and a few with dividends…

Yes, do what you want and stop imposing on others your personal views and way of doing things. Remember, freedom of speech doesn’t mean you keep talking cock and imposing your views on others.

Killed 2 birds with one stone :slight_smile:

Constructive debate of ideas and opinions are good but if one takes the position of one’s opinion is the only correct one, then is imposing on others.

Yes… and why is the stock market not up a lot like yesterday, maybe @manch needs to scream louder… :smile:

Most investors think 2018 is the peak year for stocks

Fifty-eight percent of global money managers surveyed by Bank of America Merrill Lynch think the stock market has already peaked or will later this year.

That’s bullish. Most people are morons. Few make money in the market.

5 Likes

Mobius says there’s a 30% correction coming for U.S. stocks that would essentially wipe out the gains of the last two years.

Mobius, who ran Franklin Templeton’s emerging markets team until 2016, added that it was going to become a “stock pickers market” but conceded that if the policies enacted by U.S. President Donald Trump to stimulate the economy were successful, including his tax reforms, then markets would increase in the short term.

That’s like saying at some point we’ll have another recession. Yes, we will. The question is when and how much will the market go up before it.

1 Like