San Jose Reddit users: You can't live here on an $85,000 salary!

Maybe, but those people will not move to SJ for sure.

Maybe they will move to Lafayette? I’m perplexed by the low price on Lomarinda. Why is the price in Lomarinda pretty stagnant? Isn’t it very easy to commute to SF?

I like to understand why Lomarinda is lagging. If there’s no valid reason, we can form a group and by all the house in Lomarinda and push up its price

Bullchit.
We live happily with a budget of $62K a year. We are 4 in the family.

Anybody earning more than $100K a year and complaining about not making it here may be living beyond their means. Cut the booze, or your munching at fine restaurants you dummy!

The end!

1 Like

You bought a house in 2012. Can you live in your current neighborhood on your current budget if you were moving to this region today?

2 Likes

I thought Uber opened up an office in Palo Alto close to VMWare?

Yep, Uber has a PA satellite office

And afaik, the reason for opening this office was to tap into the Techies-with-kids workforce giving credence to the argument that SBay will not lose its allure.

1 Like

Ohhh…You got me! Do I go to jail for that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, definitely I couldn’t.:scream:

But, I wouldn’t move into this state either. Life is too short to be chasing richness when you can live peacefully without the rat’s race. :wink::wink::wink::wink:

We have our goals right now, looking at moving to some sunny state besides CA. Cash in, live la vida loca! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: