Schools

1 Like

Answer: Because of merit based public high schools like Lowell High School!!! Go Cardinal!!!

1 Like

All well and good until you become middle class and are taxed to death…

1 Like

Hmmm, why did the Chinese Vice Mayor vote no???

1 Like
1 Like

About time!!!

Recalled 3 people and the vote was still 4-3. Hanging on by a thread…

1 Like

Well, my friends who are residents of the city want to find out who those 3 are and if doable, recall them too. A merit based system is the fairest way. There are no quotas, no favortism, no advantage to any one ethnic group. One simply needs to have the grades in order to get in. Should we mandate that the NBA include some Chinese (regardless of ability) because well there is not enough representation? Of course not. And just like the increased failure rates at Lowell, the NBA would suffer too in an example like that. Only the best of the best get in. Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

Recall turnout was still too low. Yea the job got done but still not enough people care about it to do the bare minimum, vote

I threw in over $1,000 to help the cause.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering to what extent people who own SF houses as a second residence are making the turnout seem low.

Also possible that people without kids feel like it’s not their business to vote on a school board election. If it were me, and I were single, I’d only cast a vote if I either

1. Intended to have kids soon or
  2. Was voting on behalf of a good friend.

"California is getting ready to open a small college savings account for every child born in the state on or after July 1, 2022, and a much larger one for all low-income children who were enrolled in a California public school in grades 1 through 12 last year or this year.

The state-funded program, nicknamed CalKids, advertises that it will provide “up to $100” for newborns and “up to $1,500” for low-income students, but parents of newborns will have to jump through some hoops to get the full $100 and very few school-age students will qualify for the full $1,500."

So we’re just funding more government jobs??

3 Likes
2 Likes

Not sure about the “yummy” part. Let’s just say “Hot lunch at no cost.”

It turns out that you have to supplement the cost of lunch if you want either nutritious or yummy.

1 Like
1 Like