SFBA Home prices Stabilized SUMMER 2018

Look, that empty lot in the Sunset that I posted about eons ago is still…an empty lot. Mayor Breed, that would be your proverbial low hanging fruit when it comes to creating housing. Every freaking empty lot owner in the Fab 7x7 needs to receive a letter from you stating (a) develop your freaking lot by X date and we will help you fast track it (you will need to pony up the dough, but maybe we can help with that too in some creative fashion) or (b) if you don’t want to and want to resist change, well, we will buy it from you or frankly take it it from you via eminent domain. Take your pick.

1 Like

Uber is not really an improvement yet. The number of cars in traffic at a given time would be same or more.

Don’t go there.

Even though I agree with you about not letting lots sit idle. But maybe they can issue blight tickets…

1 Like

Blight tickets should be issued to the Bd of Stupes. One way tickets to Fresno. Kim and her supporters should be tarred, feathered and run down there on a rail… blight is caused from the top.

1 Like

Kim and her commies made it super hard to develop an empty lot. They even made it supper hard to change a window, not to mention renovation.

Excessive regulation has made the average people incapable of doing much home renovation. Demolition and rebuild is close to be outlawed.

1 Like

Unfortunately the SF commie disease has spread. Almost as bad in Tahoe. Government has the infinite capacity to tell you what to do and no capacity to do anything itself.

How much are prices up while you analyze the short-term trend? Even if you get a 10% drop and time it perfectly, you still lose a ton compared to if you had just bought when you first started looking. A 10% discount isn’t that important when prices double every 7-10 years. You buy a $2M house and when it doubles it’s worth $4M. You’re up $2M. You time it perfectly and get the house for $1.8M during a 10% dip , and your profit is $2.2M. Your total profit doesn’t change that much. It’s not worth stressing trying to find the dip. Especially, since prices are up a ton since you started looking for the dip.

Oh, I am definitely going there. There is absolutely no good SOCIETAL reason in a small, crowded 7x7 sized city why some empty lots should be allowed to remain that way. What happened to the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few or ONE owner???

I am saying, let’s light a fire under these owners to do something with them. We want you to develop the lot and will help you every possible way to even helping you count all that lovely rental income!!! I don’t honestly see a problem with this approach under the circumstances.

The reason is the city which makes development super hard. Owner of the empty lot would love to develop the lot, please ask your city government to make it a little easier

Sound like government-owned residential housing :slight_smile: aka HDB.

But that is what I am exactly suggesting @BAGB. Read my posts please…:wink:

The psychological effect is to wait because price has doubled, surely is about time it would drop. So the longer you wait, the longer you’ve to wait. That is, forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

After all the analysis, Terri is buying a house. Analysis is wasted life

There is only one universal truth: For primary, so long you can afford it, buy.
However, if he has to sell his stocks…

House vs stock is a touchy issue, let’s leave them alone for today

1 Like

You are supporting rent control. If you support the city telling your neighbor what to do with your property and money, you support them telling you what to do with your property and money.

No, far from it. Wanting resources utilized to their fullest is not a call for rent control. I want massive building where there is no building currently. In theory now, if supply goes UP to meet that demand we wouldn’t need rent control now would we? In theory…

You can’t ask the government to get involved in one issue without having them get involved in the other issue.

And do you really want the gov’t coming in and taking things by eminent domain? That’s pretty scary.

You’ll never have enough supply in SF until jobs move to Oakland. Period end of story.

Again, if Mayor Breed wanted some “low hanging fruit” when it comes to how to create more housing I am offering a suggestion. No more, no less. Let’s not make mountains out of mole hills. Baby steps…

1 Like

I believe stable is good. Can you data nerds dig out some more data and see where is the market trending to ?