Should Intel CEO Really Have To Step Down After Consensual Relationship With EE?

This case is not about sexual harassment. The announcement stresses the relationship was consensual.

Even if both parties are OK with the relationship it’s still a huge no no. How do other employees feel? Did that person get a promotion or raise because they sleep with the boss? It casts everything in doubt.

Intel did the right thing. It shows it’s still one of the greatest companies in the world.

1 Like

So if you find yourself interested in someone you’re not allowed to have a relationship with but both parties want to retain their jobs, what’re the options?

Is it possible to have such a relationship under oversight of the board or a CEO and assure that everyone is treated fairly?

He’ll get hired by Oracle :smile:

2 Likes

Ok, fine. My apologies, @harriet. Next time I come across an eligible, handsome, filthy rich millennial I won’t even think about introducing you for a possible life of leisure and excess…

What the heck are you talking about? Put your reading glasses back on.

1 Like

Oracle is pure evil. No doubt intel guy can fit in there. But it already has not one but two CEO’s. Can they make it a threesome?

There may also be some internal politics involved. He board may already have some clashes with the intel guy. So instead of protecting him they used it as an excuse to axe him.

Intel: The 3 Failures Of Brian Krzanich, Part 1 $INTC

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4183500

INTC leadership is making the same kind of decisions as Kodak’s.

Intel Ex-Chief’s Affair With Employee Began Before He Was CEO

The woman still works at the company and didn’t work closely with Brian Krzanich

Intel Corp. ex-Chief Executive Brian Krzanich’s affair with an employee, which cost him his job this week, started before he was CEO and ended several years ago, according to people familiar with the matter.

The relationship, which those people said started about a decade ago, came into public view this week when Mr. Krzanich, 58 years old, resigned after the chip maker determined he had violated company policy by having a relationship with a co-worker.

The woman involved in the affair still works at Intel, the people said. She was in middle management when it began, still doesn’t hold a senior role at the company and didn’t work closely with Mr. Krzanich, they said.

Mr. Krzanich, who couldn’t be reached for comment, had worked at Intel since 1982 and became CEO in 2013 after rising through a series of technical and leadership roles. The company declined to comment on his marital status.

It is not clear when exactly the relationship ended. Earlier this week, the company said in a statement that an investigation by internal and external counsel confirmed a violation of its nonfraternization policy, which was put into place in 2011 and prohibits managers from having sexual or romantic relationships with direct or indirect reports.

The recent chain of events was triggered when the employee mentioned the relationship to a colleague, the people said. This colleague, knowing company policy prohibits such relationships, felt compelled by the company’s rules to report it to Intel’s general counsel, and did so on June 14, the people said.

Soon after receiving the tip, the general counsel informed the board about the relationship, these people said. The board initiated an investigation, which it has said is ongoing.

By Wednesday, Mr. Krzanich had submitted his resignation, according to a securities filing Thursday.

Intel has a relatively strict policy governing fraternization compared with other companies. The policy is a “hard ban” that applies to all managers regardless of seniority and requires employees to raise any concerns immediately.

The episode comes after the #MeToo movement put a bright light on inappropriate workplace conduct, forcing a number of senior corporate and political officials out of their jobs.

Robert Swan, who has been the company’s chief financial officer, was named interim CEO. He has said he isn’t interested in keeping the role. Intel stock has fallen about 3.5% since the revelation, closing Friday at $52.50 and giving the chip giant a market value of $245 billion.

1 Like

So far, doesn’t sound so bad…

Shoot, let’s investigate the snitch to see if he/she sold stock before reporting this to HR…

1 Like

You do know Big companies have regular trainings on these policies? :slight_smile:

For sure, but I can also say many big companies aren’t necessarily that extreme either. They were employees of the same company and didn’t work together. No harm, no foul I say…

They should fire that stitch too.

Here’s footage of her calling lawyer.

If it was years ago, he wasn’t CEO at the time. So was it really against the policy?

1 Like

I bet the board wanted to get rid of him and this is a handy excuse to do so. Intel’s 10nm may be in worse shape than they let out publicly.

For the first time in history the most advanced process is not Intel’s. TSMC 7nm just went into volume production last week.

1 Like

I agree with that. What Gavin Newsom did to his direct subordinate and his best friend is much worse than Intel’s CEO. Yet he will be the next governor.

3 Likes

Governor is by election. CEO is appointed by the board.

With all the negative media coverage, Trump could be fired 1000 times if he were intel ceo, but he became the potus instead.

1 Like

The relationship predating his job seems very significant to me. But at this point, what’s done is done.

Another naughty CEO caught with his pants down?