Silicon Valley Market Trend

I stumbled on this site that claims to pull market data directly from MLS. Check it out:

https://soldnest.com/neighborhood-market-trends

Some examples:

Cupertino housing prices have seen a decrease of -14.2% over the last thirty days compared to the previous six months. The average house price over the last month is $2,094,392. Below you’ll find numerous charts and graphs breaking down real estate market trends in Cupertino.

Sunnyvale housing prices have seen a decrease of -7.7% over the last thirty days compared to the previous six months. The average house price over the last month is $1,847,790. Below you’ll find numerous charts and graphs breaking down real estate market trends in Sunnyvale.

Check it out!

numbers check out. I noticed >15% in some places, but minimum 10%.

You found @tomato’s pet project.

:sob:

:scream:

what? bought at the peak? :slight_smile:

I’m not at all worried about that. It’s pretty easy if you buy below the median of an area and update to reach the median price.

Just saw this on Quora:

I read that “the Bay Area housing market is slowing down” last month. Has the downward trend continued, or have the prices stabilized?

Vijay Anandh

Vijay Anandh, lives in San Francisco Bay Area

Updated 4h ago · Upvoted by Sam Dogen, MBA Finance & Real Estate, University of California, Berkeley (2006)

Not sure about all of Bay area.

Had been looking for homes around Fremont and Milpitas. I can say for sure that prices for many homes are being revised downwards considerably in the range of 5–10%. Just do a quick search on open houses in Zillow and see the price change to confirm what i say.

I did speak with few realtors and they do confirm that bidding wars are gone and market has considerably cooled down.

I speculate on two possible reasons.

Raising interest rates - has increased the monthly payments and hence decreased affordability in general

Visa issues - At least the Milpitas and Fremont have lots of Immigrants / asians. The recent developments around immigration laws might have reduced potential buyers.

Will the bidding wars be back again? Definitely does not look like it going by foot falls i saw during my visits last few weeks.

I don’t buy interest rates.

Houses have been appreciationg 20% year over year, or minimum 10% since like past 10 years? 20% increase y/y outweighs any interest increase.

Either it hit a ceiling, or crazy rich asian buyers are gone.

But our jobs are strong, so what’s going on? It’s at a national level, too, not just bay.

It can’t go up forever. People don’t make infinite money. At some point it’s the last straw to break the camel’s back. It could be a combination of rates, taxes, prices all mixed together.

I sure hope it goes down :slight_smile: but only after i cash out my stocks and other assets.

Even the super agent Alex has to reduce price.