Silicon valley median price up 25%

1 Like

Eldorado County booming too. When will the party end?

https://www.mtdemocrat.com/business-real-estate/emerging-threats-to-the-housing-market/

When i buy :stuck_out_tongue:

Just rent one if those $7000/m houses. Get a bunch of roommates and enjoy life. In the next five years there could be another buying opportunity. I doubt there will be one to match 2009-12.
Btw my SLT Tahoe apartments that cost $675k net $90k
Buy one of those and it will pay your PA rent.

I heard companies are really picky when it comes to hiring fresh grads. Is that true? I am not taking about hot engineering schools like Stanford or MIT, just regular state universities and such.

It depends. Not sure. We keep hiring like weed, not sure if there is a slow down, as long as cost of an engineer is less than the amount they bring…

I have not heard of any slowdown in hiring. In fact it’s getting even more hot.

Nee grad hiring is always the juiciest.

New grads or in general?

New grads are easier hire. Easy because less visa requirements.

In general. As far as I know campus recruiting for new grads rarely slows down in big companies no matter what the economy is. So that should definitely be good.

“Here’s why:

If the Costa–Hawkins Rental Housing Act is repealed, there will be political pressure for local governments to adopt rent control, “affordable housing stabilization.” That’s likely to happen now that it has the official endorsement of the Democrat Party.

Rent control will result in a million mom and pop landlords bailing out of the rental market and taking their cash to a landlord friendly state. This will exacerbate the rental housing shortage as tenants are evicted from single-family homes, condominiums and duplexes.

A million units added to the available inventory will be a bonanza for homebuyers who will have a greater selection of homes at a lower cost. Rent control is only the first step. Rent subsidies will follow as will public housing. Who do you suppose will pay for that?

Another sign that a reset in home values is long overdue is the imbalance between income and the cost of housing. The California Association of Realtors reports the median-priced California home is now over $600,000. Five years ago 55 percent of Californians could afford a median-priced home. That percentage today is under 30 percent.”

So ehy even buy a home if costa hawkins is repealed and rent control is implemented in california…

”Looking back, there have been five major recessions that have negatively impacted home values since I began my real estate practice. My first, 1973-1975, was the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) oil embargo that caused oil prices to quadruple. Imagine paying $15 a gallon today for a vehicle that averaged 10 miles to the gallon.

National wage and price controls were initiated, millions lost their jobs and home values fell like a rock. With each subsequent recession I became more sensitive to the warning signs of another.

The next year or two appears pretty good for real estate but an increasing number of economists think we are headed for a setback. About half the economists who responded to a recent CoreLogic survey said they expect another recession by 2020.”

Btw are yoy on nextdoor? I think you should discuss this there. I see people warning each other for solicitors getting signatures and trying to repeal mtv rent control. Some (presumably renter) was urging people not to sign.

99% of cities don’t have rent control now. I don’t think many more will adopt it even if Prop 10 passes. But the cities that have rent control will get even nastier

Mountain view does, and people like their rent control. I dont even get to vote yet, i think… Two more years…

”Looking back, there have been five major recessions that have negatively impacted home values since I began my real estate practice. My first, 1973-1975, was the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) oil embargo that caused oil prices to quadruple. Imagine paying $15 a gallon today for a vehicle that averaged 10 miles to the gallon.

National wage and price controls were initiated, millions lost their jobs and home values fell like a rock. With each subsequent recession I became more sensitive to the warning signs of another.

The next year or two appears pretty good for real estate but an increasing number of economists think we are headed for a setback. About half the economists who responded to a recent CoreLogic survey said they expect another recession by 2020.”

20% of California population is covered by rent contour because large cities usually have rent control. Housing froth is usually the worst in these places.

If Prop 10 passes, we could have a housing shock in these places soon. A housing freeze where it’s hard to find a rental and it’s hard to sell a house. It’ll destroy the new renters and would be really bad for homeowners. Existing tenants would be prisoned into their apartments. Evicted tenants could become homeless since nobody will rent to them and nobody would rent to anyone.

1 Like

SF owned by San Jose!