Silicon Valley’s first female billionaire startup founder - SEC Charges Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes With Fraud

SEC Charges Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes With Fraud

Silicon Valley’s first female billionaire startup founder gives up control of her company as part of settlement with regulators

1 Like

Travis Kalanick and Elizabeth Holmes are both by-products of the narcissist-CEO worship culture of Silicon Valley. Not everyone turns out to be Steve Jobs and Mark Z.

1 Like

Oh, comen on!

Everybody wants to be “she”.

You start with one house, the second, then free time, then a new idea, then…:smile::smile::smile:

It amazes me VC firms were so dumb and did so little verification of the technology.

1 Like

this is some BS

You mean she is intelligent enough to use mental disease as a defense hence is not mentally ill?

1 Like

lol I do think she is crazy I’m just not sure how so, maybe she does have mental health issues, but if she does she definitely doesn’t recognize it.

She is definitely insane. Criminally insane.

So she does have mental disease? :scream: IMHO, having mental disease should be punishable too - nature purges such irregularities - why are we going against the law of the nature.

1 Like

so glad she was convicted

1 Like

Three jurors were dismissed during the trial, leaving two alternate jurors remaining from an original pool of five. One juror who was dismissed said she discovered after she was selected for the jury that her employer wouldn’t pay her while she served, a financial hardship for her family.

A second juror was excused after expressing concern several weeks into the trial that her Buddhist beliefs would prevent her from returning a verdict that might send Ms. Holmes to prison, because her religion instructed her to practice compassion and forgiveness.

The third was dismissed in October after another juror noticed her playing Sudoku. She told the judge she had played the number game for about half of the days of the trial to help her stay focused, according to a court transcript.

Random but I haven’t gotten any jury duty notices in like 4 years?

2 Likes